The South Indian Bank Ltd. is a premier Commercial Bank in India. Recently the bank has released the notification for the recruitment of Probationary Officers and clerk. The bank has published this notification to recruit the eligible candidates on as many as 385 vacant posts. In this post, we have compiled the essential information as to eligibility criteria, the application process, fee, last day to apply, and selection process. Read this post further if you are looking for a career in banking.
- Probationary Officers: The bank has 160 vacancies for this post. The selected candidate can be posted anywhere in India.
- Probationary Clerk: SIB has 385 vacancies for this post. Out of 385 posts, 310 are for South Zone (Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Puducherry (UT) Tamil Nadu and Telangana and rest 75 are for North Zone (Assam, Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Tripura, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, and West Bengal).
- Probationary Officers: Rs. 23700– 980/7 – 30560- 1145/2 – 32850- 1310/7 – 42020 plus DA, HRA & other allowances.
- Probationary Clerk: Rs. 11765 – 655/3 – 13730 – 815/3 – 16175 – 980/4 – 20095 – 1145/7 – 28110 – 2120/1 – 30230 – 1310/1 – 31540
- The Application process to apply for the post of Probationary Officers and clerk in SIB has been started from 19 June 2019.
- The last date to apply for the aforementioned posts in SIB is 30 June 2019.
- South Indian Bank PO Test will be conducted on 25 July 2019.
- Test for the Clerk Post in SIB will be conducted on 26 July 2019.
Eligibility Criteria For SIB Recruitment 2019
- For Probationary Officers: The age of the applicant to apply for PO Post in SIB should be not more than 25 years. The applicant with X/ SSLC, XII/ HSC & Graduation with minimum 60% marks under the regular course will be considered as eligible to apply online for vacant posts.
- For Probationary Clerk: The age of the candidate should not be more than 26 years to apply for this post. The applicant must have completed X/ SSLC, XII/ HSC & Graduation with minimum 60% marks under regular course to apply for this Clerk post in SIB.
The selection of the applicants for both of the posts will be done with an online test and personal interview round. Initial shortlisting will be done on the basis of marks scored by the applicant in the Online Test. Final Selection on the vacant posts will be based on the consolidated marks obtained for Online Test and Personal Interview.
How To Apply
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the bank to apply for the Probationary Officer and clerk post then follow the below mentioned steps to apply online;
- Visit the official website of bank www.southindianbank.com and click on the option “APPLY ONLINE”.
- A new page will appear on your screen and now you will have to click on “Click here for New Registration”. Enter your Name, Contact details, and Email-id here to generate a registration number and password.
- Now login on the page with registration number and password and fill the application form with accurate details.
- You will have to upload your photograph, signature, the impression of the left thumb and a declaration letter in the soft copy before submitting the application form finally.
- Pay the online application fee as the last step to apply for the post of PO and clerk in SIB.
For South Indian Bank Clerk Posts
- Application fee for the candidates from the unreserved category is Rs. 600/-.
- Application fee for the candidates from SC/ST is Rs. 150/-.
- The application fee is excluding GST and Bank Charges.
For South Indian Bank PO Posts
- Application fee for the candidates from General Category is Rs. 800/-
- For the candidates from SC/ST category, the application fee is Rs. 200/-
Here are the important links associated with SIB Clerk and PO recruitment 2019;
- Click here to read the South Indian Bank Clerk Notification PDF
- Click here to apply for the South Indian Bank Clerk Post
- Click here to read the South Indian Bank PO Notification PDF
- Click here to apply for Probationary Officer vacancy in South Indian Bank Apply Link
The Bottom Line
The article has all the essential information about the SIB Recruitment 2019 for Clerk and Probationary Officer. Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the aforementioned posts on or before 30 June 2019. We would recommend the interested candidates to read the official notification released by the bank before applying online for any of the available vacancies. In case of any further query related to this post, you can write to us in the comment box below.