Online applications are invited by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for the Common Recruitment Process (CRP) for selection of candidates in specialist officer cadre. The online examination (Preliminary and Main) for the IBPS CRP SO recruitment 2020 is scheduled in the month of December 2019/ January 2020.
IBPS SO Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
- On-line registration process starts from November 6, 2019.
- Candidates can edit/modify online applications online from November 6-26, 2019.
- Candidates can pay application fee or institute charges from November 6 to 26, 2019.
- Candidates will be able to download call letters for online prelims exam in December 2019.
- The IBPS preliminary exam for recruitment of SO will be conducted on 28th and 29th December 2019.
- The result of online Preliminary exam will be released in January 2020.
- Candidates will be able to download the call letter for IBPS SO main exam from January 1, 2020.
- The result for IBPS SO main exam 2019 will be released in February 2020.
- Interviews will be conducted in February 2020 and provisional allotment will be done in April 2020.
Recruitment of candidates on specialist officer cadre posts in the following positions:
- I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
- Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
- Law Officer (Scale I)
- Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
- Marketing Officer (Scale I)
- HR/Personnel Officer (Scale I)
Participating Banks in the IBPS Specialist Officer Recruitment 2020
- Allahabad Bank
- Canara Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Oriental Bank of Commerce
- UCO Bank
- Bank of Baroda (BOB)
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- Corporation Bank
- Indian Bank
- Union Bank of India
- Bank of India
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- United Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
IBPS SO Recruitment 2020 Vacancy and Eligibility Details
I.T. Officer (Scale-I)
- The candidates should not be less than 20 years in age and above 30 Years to apply for IBPS SO recruitment 2019.
- Candidates should have 4 year Engineering/ Technology Degree in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Computer Applications/ Electronics/ Electronics & Communication/ Electronics & Telecommunications/ Electronics & Instrumentation
- OR Post Graduate Degree in Electronics/ Computer Science/ Electronics & Telecommunication/ Electronics & Communication/ Information Technology/ Electronics & Instrumentation/ Computer Applications
- OR Graduate with DOEACC ‘B’ level passed.
Agricultural Field Officer (Scale I)
- The minimum age to apply for this position is 20 years and maximum age is 30 years.
- Candidates must have 4 year Degree (graduation) in Agriculture/ Dairy Science/ Horticulture/ Pisciculture/Animal Husbandry/ Veterinary Science/Agri. Marketing & Cooperation/ Fishery Science/ Co-operation & Banking/ Agricultural Biotechnology/ Agro-Forestry/Forestry/ Food Science/ Food Technology/ Agriculture Business Management/ Dairy Technology/ Sericulture/ Agricultural Engineering
Rajbhasha Adhikari (Scale I)
- To apply for this position, the age limit for candidates is 20-30 years.
- Candidates are required to have Post Graduate Degree in Hindi with English as a subject at the degree/graduation level
- OR Post graduate degree in Sanskrit with Hindi and English as subjects at the degree/graduation level.
Marketing Officer (Scale I)
- The age limit for eligible candidates is 20-30 years.
- Candidates should be graduate and two years full time MBA (Marketing)/ 2 years full-time MMS (Marketing)/ 2 years Full time PGDBA / PGPM/ PGDBM/ PGDM with specialization in Marketing.
HR/Personn el Officer (Scale I)
- The minimum age for candidates is 20 years and the maximum is 30 years.
- Candidates should be a graduate and 2 years full-time Post Graduate degree OR 2 years full time Post Graduate diploma in Industrial Relations/ Personnel Management / HR / Labour Law/ HRD/ Social Work.
Law Officer (Scale I)
- The candidates should not be less than 20 years in age and above 30 years to be eligible for this position.
- Candidates should have a Bachelor Degree in Law (LLB) and must be enrolled as an advocate with Bar Council.
IBPS SO 2020 Exam Pattern
IBPS SO Recruitment 2020 Preliminary Exam
For the post of Rajbhasha Adhikari and Law Officer (Scale I)
- The preliminary exam for IBPS SO will include English Language, Reasoning and General Awareness.
- 50 questions will be asked from each section, where maximum marks for English Language will be 25 and 50 for the other two sections.
- Duration of exam will be 40 minutes.
For the Post of IT Officer, HR/Personnel Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer
- The IBPS SO preliminary exam for these positions will include three sections namely English Language, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude,
- Each section will have 50 questions with 25 as maximum marks for English Language section and 50 for the other two sections.
- Duration of exam will be 40 minutes.
Candidates will be required to clear cut-off in each of the three sections to be selected for main exam.
IBPS SO Main Exam 2020
For the Post of Law Officer, IT Officer, Agriculture Field Officer, HR/Personnel Officer and Marketing Officer
- The exam will include 60 questions to test candidates professional knowledge.
- Maximum marks for the professional knowledge test are 60.
- The duration of exam will be 45 minutes.
- Medium of exam will be Hindi and English.
For the Post of Rajbhasha Adhikari
- Both objective and descriptive professional knowledge test will be conducted for selection of candidates for this position.
- Both the test collectively will account for 60 marks, where objective will include 45 questions and descriptive consists of 2.
- 30 minutes will be allocated for each tests.
- The medium of exam is Hindi and English.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online through the official website of IBPS, https://ibps.in/ .
The Bottom Line
All the important details on IBPS SO Recruitment 2019 are discussed on this page. Topics discussed include important dates, eligibility, vacancy details, and exam pattern. We advise candidates to read the IBPS SO recruitment 2020 notification before applying online. In case you still have a question write it in the comment section below, we shall revert.