India Post West Bengal has invited online applications from eligible candidates for the post of Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS). The vacancies are announced on the post of Branch Postmaster, Assistant Branch Postmaster and Dak Sevak. Candidates looking for government jobs in India can apply for the vacancies in Indian Post after ascertaining the eligibility criteria.
- The registration process for Indian Post west Bengal Gramin dak Sevak recruitment 2020 started 18 February 2020.
- The closing date for registration and submission of application is 18 March 2020.
- The application fee to be paid by General/OBC/EWS candidates is Rs. 100.
- All category females and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH category are exempted from payment of fee.
- Payment of application fee can be through E Challan in any post office or via Debit / Credit Card or Net banking.
- The minimum and maximum of the age of eligibility for candidates applying on the post of west Bengal Gramin dak Sevak (GDS) should be 18 and 40 years respectively as on 18/02/2020.
- Relaxation in upper age limit will be given as per rules.
- Candidates should have passed Secondary School Examination with Mathematics and English as subjects, from any recognized Board of School Education in India.
- Candidates should have studied the local language as an elective or compulsory subject till 10th standard.
- Candidates should furnish Basic Computer Training Course Certificate of minimum 60 days from any Computer Training Institute run by Central Government/State Government /Universities / Boards / Private Institutions Organizations. For candidates who have studied computer as a subject in Matriculation or Class XII or at another level, will not need any extra certificate or training.
- Selection of candidates will be based on an automatic generated merit list based on the online applications submitted by them.
- Marks obtained in 10th standard of approved Boards aggregated to percentage will be used for the merit list. Passing of all the subjects as per the respective board norms is mandatory. No weightage will be given for higher education.
- For complete information on selection criteria, candidates are encouraged to read the visit Indian Post website to download notification.
How to Apply
The only mode to apply for these government jobs is online. A candidate who desires to apply shall follow the below steps.
- Register on the portal https://indiapost.gov.in or http://appost.in/gdsonline on or before 18.03.2020.
- Upon registration, candidates will get a registration number which will also be used for submission of an application to any of the Indian Post office Circle. The other circles inviting applications include Andhra Pradesh, Bihar, Gujarat, Kerala, Punjab, Assam and Delhi.
- One mobile number cannot be used for applying to multiple circles. In the event where duplicate registration is found the candidatures relating to all such Registrations will not be considered for selection.
- If you forget the registration number, you can retrieve the number through option ‘Forgot registration’.
Candidates awaiting notifications for latest government jobs in India should check the vacancies announced by Indian Post West Bengal circle. If you want to apply for other circles visit the Indian Post website for details. You can also place your questions in the comment section below.