Central Ground Water Board (CGWB) is the Department of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation that works under the Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India. The Ministry of Jal Shakti was established in May 2019. The main purpose of this ministry was to merge Ministry of Water Resources, Ministry of Drinking water & Sanitation and River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation.
What’s the good news? CGWB, recently has released a job notification for Young Professionals and Consultants, for which applications are invited from eligible candidates. Those candidates interested in govt jobs in India, must ascertain their eligibility before applying. Govt job seekers, this is a power job for you, read on to know the details.
- The date to submit application form has started from 6 April 2020.
- Closing date to submit application form is 25 April 2020.
The total number of vacancies announced by CGWB are 62 for Young Professionals and Consultants in various offices that come under CGWB.
Office of CGWB – Young Professional Posts – Consultants Post
Central Region, Nagpur – 05 – 01
Eastern Region, Kolkata – 02 – 01
Mid-Eastern Region, Patna – 03 – 01
North Central Chhattisgarh Region, Raipur – 02 – 01
North Central Region, Bhopal – 06 – 01
North Eastern Region, Guwahati – 02 – 01
Northern Region, Lucknow – 05 – 01
South Eastern Region, Bhubaneshwar – 03 – 01
Southern Region, Hyderabad – 04 – 01
South Western Region, Bengaluru – 03 – 01
West Central Region, Ahmedabad – 03 – 01
Western Region, Jaipur – 05 – 01
Central Head Quarters, Faridabad – 05 – 02
Total Posts – 48 – 14
- Candidate’s age should not be above30 years as on 01/01/2020, that is the candidate should be born on or after 01/01/1990.
- Candidates should have Master’s degree (MS/ M.Sc / M.Tech / M.Sc. Tech or equivalent) in Earth Science / Geology/ Geo Science/
Applied Geology/ Hydrogeology from a recognized University/Institute in India.
- Should have experience of working in the field of groundwater / hydrogeology.
- Working experience on the post of JRF, RA, SRF, or project fellows after obtaining the minimum required qualification, will also be counted as experience.
- Working knowledge of GIS software.
- Working knowledge of computers and common software packages like MS Office.
- Working knowledge of geo-scientific software.
- Applicants age should be maximum 65 years as on 01/01/2020, that means born on or after 01/01/1955.
- Applicants must have Master’s degree in M.Sc. /MS /M.Sc. Tech/
M.Tech or equivalent in Geology/ Earth Science/
Applied Geology Geoscience/ Hydrogeology from a recognized university/Institute.
Essential Experience Required
- Applicants should have a minimum 10 years of working experience in the field of ground water/ hydrogeology.
- Working knowledge of GIS.
- Working knowledge of computers and common software packages like MS Excel, MS Office etc.
- Candidates should be proficient in Compilating, editing and reviewing scientific reports in English language.
How to Apply
- Applicants can directly send their application to the offices of CGWB where they are want to get hired.
- Applicants can also apply for positions at two places by submitting separate application for both the places.
- Applicants called for interview will be required to bring original certificates for verification purpose at the time of interview and appointment.
- No TA/DA will be provided by CGWB to the applicants for attending the interview.
The Bottom Line
Those who are looking job in Ministry of Jal Shakti, Government of India must not miss the end date to apply, only is they are eligibility for the posts. We have compiled all the important information you need to apply for the vacancies announced by CGWB. For more details, visit the official website of CGWB.