Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has recently announced vacancies for Central Reserve Armed Force (CAPF) Assistant Commandant recruitment 2020. The online form for the same has been released and applications are invited from interested and eligible candidates. The candidates selected through this will get to serve in ITBP, SSB etc. Those looking for government jobs in India should read the complete notification before applying online for it.
- The application process UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant recruitment 2020 started on 18th August 2020.
- The end date for applying online is September 9, 2020, up to 06:00 PM.
- Candidates can pay the application fee till 7th September 2020.
- The exam is to be held on 20th December 2020.
- Admit cards will be available to download in December 2020.
- The application fee to be paid by General / OBC category candidates is Rs. 200/-
- All-female category candidates and SC/ ST category candidates are exempted from the payment of the fee.
- Candidates can make payment of examination fee through Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or via E-Challan mode.
- Both male and female candidates can apply for appointment on the post of Assistant Commandants.
- Age Limits: Candidate should not be less than 20 years and over 25 years as on 1st August 2020. Relaxation in upper age limit shall be given as per government rules.
- Education: A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a University recognized by the government of India.
Physical Standards and Medical Standards Tests
- Candidates who will be shortlisted in the written examination will have to appear for Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Tests and Medical Standards Tests.
- Those candidates have to meet these Physical Efficiency Tests (PET):
- 100 Meters race: Male – 16 seconds; Females – 18 seconds
- 800 Meters race: Males – 3 minutes 45 seconds; Females – 4 minutes 45 seconds
- Long Jup: Males – 3.5 Meters (3 chances); Females – 3.0 meters (3 chances)
- Shot Put (7.26 Kgs.) 4.5 Meters: Only for male candidates.
For more details read the UPSC Notification 2020
To Apply online use this direct link.
Selection Process and Vacancies
- The Union Public Service Commission will conduct a Written Examination for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB), Border Security Force (BSF) and Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
- The written exam will comprise of two papers. Paper I which will be held from 10 AM to 12.00 Noon and Paper-II will be held from 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM.
- Paper-I will include questions from General Ability and Intelligence for 250 Marks. All the questions asked in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type. The paper will be in Hindi and English language.
- Paper-II will include General Studies, Essay and Comprehension for 200 Marks. Candidates can choose to write Essay Component any of the two languages, English or Hindi. However, the medium of Comprehension Components, Precis Writing and other communications/ language skills will be in English only.
- The tentative Examination number of vacancies to be filled under UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant recruitment 2020 are as follows:
- Border Security Force (BSF) – 78
- Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) – 13
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) – 69
- Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) – 27
- Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB) – 22
- The total number of vacancies announced is 209
If you are looking for a government job, here is your chance to apply for UPSC CAPF Assistant Commandant recruitment 2020 by filling the online form. All the important details are discussed above, for more details read the official notification and visit the official website of UPSC.