Indian Ministry of Defence, Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), has invited applications from interested and eligible Indian citizens for recruitment of trade apprentice. More than 6000 vacancies are announced that include vacancies for both ITI and Non-ITI candidates. These vacancies are announced as part of Skill India Mission of the OFB.
OFB Trade Apprentice Recruitment 2020
- The online submission of application will start from 10th January 2020.
- The end date for submission of online application and fee payment is 9th February 2020 upto 11:59 PM.
- The application fee to be paid by General/OBC candidates is Rs. 100.
- All category female candidates and other candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
- Candidates can pay the examination fee via online or offline fee mode.
OFB Trade Apprentice Vacancy Details
- The total number of vacancies announced by OFB for trade apprentice is 6060.
- Vacancies announced for Non-ITI posts are 2219.
- Vacancies announced for ITI posts are 3947.
- To know the state wise vacancies, candidates shall read the official notification (linked shared below).
OFB Trade Apprentice Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should be 15 to 24 years in age as on 9th February 2020.
- Relaxation in upper age limit will be given as per rules.
- The candidates applying for ITI posts shall have passed relevant trade test from any institute recognized by NCVT/SCVT or any other authority recognized by Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship/Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- Candidates applying for Non-ITI posts should have passed class 10th with minimum 50% marks in aggregate with 40% marks in Science and Mathematics each.
Selection of Candidates
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of merit list, which will be prepared separately for Ex-ITI and Non-ITI posts.
- The merit list will be prepared factory-wise for NON-ITI category on the basis of overall percentage of marks obtained by candidate in matriculation (Class 10th or equivalent), aggregate in all subjects irrespective of Board.
- The merit list for Ex-ITI candidates will be prepared category and trade-wise based on the marks obtained by candidate in Matriculation and ITI.
- For details, check the official notification.
All interested candidates are advised to visit the official website of OFB, https://www.ofb.gov.in/ to download the OFB Trade Apprentice recruitment notification 2020.
OFB Trade apprentice recruitment 2020 notification is out, the link to apply online will be active from 10th January 2020. Candidates can submit their application on or before 9th February 2020. Scroll up to know the eligibility, application fee and selection process. In case you have a question, write it to us in the comment section below, we shall revert.