Haryana Staff Selection Commission (HSSC) has issued a notice to reopen the recruitment of Post Graduate Teachers (PGT). This notice is released against the Advt. No. 13/2019, dated 26.08.2019. With the release of this notice, the postgraduates who want to have their career in teaching can now apply for govt jobs in Haryana. According to HSSC Recruitment 2020, the Haryana government is inviting the job applications from the interested job seekers on 3864 vacant posts of PGTs.
In this article, we have compiled detailed information about the HSSC PGT Recruitment 2020. If you are looking for govt jobs in Haryana, then it can be an excellent opportunity for you as the numbers of vacancies are good. Follow this article to get more information about eligibility criteria to apply for the jobs, selection procedure, and others.
HSSC Recruitment 2020
In the latest recruitment notification released by Haryana SSC, it is inviting the job applications from the postgraduate job seekers on the teaching job. Earlier, HSSC released a notice for teachers’ vacancies, and now the department has reopened the same vacancies again. At present, HSSC has 3864 vacancies for the teaching aspirants. Have a look at the Important Dates associated with this recruitment;
- Starting Date of submission of online application for HSSC PGT Recruitment 2020: 17 February 2020
- Last date for submission of online application for HSSC PGT Recruitment 2020: 2 March 2020
- Last date for deposit of application fee: 5 March 2020
The department has released a total of 3864 PGT vacancies. Here is the discipline wise detail of the released vacancies;
- Computer Science – 1373 Posts
- English – 530 Posts
- Maths – 522 Posts
- History – 329 Posts
- Commerce – 304 Posts
- Chemistry – 131 Posts
- Hindi – 194 Posts
- Biology – 127 Posts
- Fine Arts – 35 Posts
- Music – 35 Posts
- Physical Education – 241 Posts
- Urdu – 6 Posts
Only those candidates will be eligible to apply for the vacancies of teachers released by HSSC who have the given educational qualification and age limit;
- The minimum age to apply for the jobs is 18 years. The maximum age to apply for the PGT vacancies is 42 years.
- Candidates from Scheduled Caste (SC), Backward Class (A) & Backward Class (B) will get the relaxation up to 5 years in the upper age limit as per Haryana Government instructions.
- For Ex-servicemen Candidates, relaxation up to continuous Military service added by three years is permissible.
- To apply for the vacancies of physical education teachers, the applicant must have done MA in Physical Education M.P.Ed. with at least 50% marks and Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed.) or Diploma in Physical Education (D.P.Ed.) or its equivalent from a recognized University.
- For the rest of the posts here are the essential qualifications;
- Applicant must have Hindi/Sanskrit as one of the subjects in Matriculation or Higher.
- Certificate of having qualified Haryana Teacher Eligibility Test (HTET)/School Teachers Eligibility Test (STET) of the concerned subject.
- “Good Academic Record” is also a must to apply for the vacancies. Candidates have 50% marks after taking an average of any three examinations from 10th /12th / Graduation/ Post Graduation as the case may be.
- However, the candidate must have at least 50% marks in post-Graduation except for PGT Computer Science.
- In the case of PGT Computer Science, the candidate must have at least 55% marks in Post Graduation/ Graduation as the case may be.
How To Apply
The online application submission process to apply to the vacancies mentioned above will start from 17 February 2020. If you are eligible to apply for the vacant posts then you will have to follow the below-mentioned procedure;
- Visit the official website of HSSC and fill the application form given there. The application form will be available for the applicants from 17 February onwards only.
- After applying online, Registration No. and Password will be generated. Take a print out of the registration no. and a password screen for future reference. You will need it to check your application status and for Reprinting of your online filled application form and e-Challan form.
- Upload the scanned copy of your original certificates and photocopy of self-attested certificates along with Photo, Identity Proof like voter id, etc.
- Pay the application fee and submit the application form.
- For General (Male/Female) – Rs. 500/-
- For General (Female of Haryana Resident Only) – Rs. 125/-
- For SC/BC/EWS Category candidates of Haryana State Only (Male) – Rs. 125,
- For females from reserved category– Rs. 75/-
- The selection of a suitable candidate for PGT vacancies will be made through written test and Socio-Economic criteria and experience.
- The written test will be
conducted for 90 marks, and it will be divided into two parts;
- 75% weightage for General Awareness, Reasoning, Maths, Science, Computer, English, Hindi, and concerned or relevant subject, as applicable.
- 25% weightage for History, Current Affairs, Literature, Geography, Civics, Environment, Culture, etc. of Haryana.
- The ten marks for
socio-economic criteria and experience shall be allocated as follows:
- if neither the applicant nor any person from among the applicant’s family is, was, or has been a regular employee in any Department under the Authority of Government of Haryana or any other State Government or Government of India.
- Or the person is a widow. OR refer to recruitment notification for more details.
- To read the detailed recruitment notification, click here.
- To read the latest released notification about the reopening of recruitment of PGTs, click here.
Wrapping It Up
For the ease of the govt job seekers, we have compiled all the information relayed to HSSC PGT recruitment here. In case of any further query, you can write to us in the comment box. To get updated information about the latest government jobs, stay tuned with us.