The Dairy Sahakar Scheme was launched by Union Minister of Home Affairs, Amit Shah, launched at Anand, Gujarat on October 31, 2021 with the aim of doubling the income of farmers and achieving the Atmanirbhar Bharat objective. Such government schemes are important for competitive exams like UPSC, SSC and others. Here we have compiled the important information on Dairy Sahakar Scheme from exam point of view. Let’s get started..
What is Dairy Sahakar Scheme?
- Dairy Sahakar Scheme was launched on a function organized by Amul to celebrate its 75th Foundation Year.
- Dairy Sahakar Scheme will be implemented by NCDC under the Ministry of Cooperation focused on the vision, “from cooperation to prosperity”.
- The scheme was launched with an investment budget of Rs 5000 crore.
- Under Dairy Sahakar Scheme, NCDC will extend the financial support to eligible cooperatives for activities like like bovine development, milk procurement, branding, quality assurance, storage, packaging, transportation, of milk & milk products, as well as to export dairy products.
- The scheme also aims to strengthen the dairy sector in the country.
Rabobank’s 2021 Global Top 20 Dairy Report
- Rabobank’s Global Dairy Top 20 Report is an annual report released that ranks the dairy industry based on their sales data and financial statements.
- Rabobank’s Global Dairy Top 20 Report 2021 has listed French-based dairy company Lactalis as the top 1 naming it the world’s largest dairy company with a turnover of $23.0 billion.
- Lactalis has unseated Switzerland-based Nestle, which had dominated the Rabobank’s Global Dairy Top 20 Report for decades.
- Indian company Amul, Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) was listed at number 18th in the 2021 report, which was a two places drop compared to 16th spot in the 2020. As per the report, Amul has held at 18 position with an annual turnover of $5.3 billion.
Dairy Sahakar Scheme has two main objectives, to double the income of farmers of the country, achieve the Atmanirbhar Bharat objective and to realize the vision of “from cooperation to prosperity”.