The National Health Authority has launched a new edition of the Health Benefit Package 2022 as part of the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana.
- In the current version of the NHA Health Benefit Package, 365 new procedures have been introduced, bringing the total to 1,949.
- Differential pricing based on city type and degree of care has been implemented under this plan.
- This package was unveiled on April 7, 2022, during a two-day convention in Mahabalipuram, Tamil Nadu.
Meeting and the Purpose
The purpose of this meeting was to examine the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission and the Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (AB-PMJAY) in the country’s southern states and union territories. On the 7th and 8th of April, the National Health Authority hosted a review meeting called ‘Ayushman Sangam.’ Andhra Pradesh, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Kerala, Karnataka, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Telangana, and Tamil Nadu were all represented in the meeting, which was held for the third time. Earlier The NHA has hosted similar regional meetings in the country’s west and north zones.
What more was Announced?
- The National Health Authority also unveiled a new patient classification system programme.
- The International Classification of Health Intervention and ICD-11 (International classification of disease) will be used to classify patients for AB-PMJAY.
- In the states of Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Kerala, and Meghalaya, the Diagnosis Related Grouping (DRG) was also piloted.
- The AB-PMJAY would also be the first insurance policy in India to offer a DRG-based payment methodology.
Similar regional review sessions covering the north and west zones have previously been held by the National Health Authority, as claimed by reports and resources.