Those who achieve their dreams, become an inspiration for all of us. And for women drawing inspiration from a successful woman is even more motivating and inspiring than anything else. Fortunately, there are many stories that can fire the lite in you, one of such inspiration is Michelle Obama.
About Michelle Obama
- Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama was born on 17 January 1964 in Chicago, Illinois. She is an American attorney and author who served as the first lady of the United States from 2009 to 2017.
- She was also the first African-American woman that served as the first lady of the US.
- Michelle LaVaughn Robinson Obama is the 44th First Lady of the United States, married to 44th President of the United States, Barack Obama.
- She graduated from Princeton University and Harvard Law School, where she gained the knowledge to become a lawyer. She became a renowned writer and her autobiography is her greatest success to date.
- She campaigned for her husband’s presidential bid during 2007 and 2008.
As first lady, Michelle Obama became a role model for women, while she also worked as an advocate for education, poverty awareness, physical activity, nutrition and healthy eating. She also supported American designers and is considered a fashion icon.
The Challenging Life of Michelle Obama
Michelle grew up on the South Side of Chicago, where the dilemmas of American racial issues were part of people’s lives. She was born in the midst of this change and went to school with a mix of different families, both black and white. Arriving at Princeton, she remembers the experience of being one of the few non-white people there.
Michelle’s family had lived on Chicago’s South Side for more than 50 years. Despite the decaying neighborhood and school situation, her mother helped Michelle excel. Michelle’s drive helped her to make her way to an equal education school with great teachers and other top students around her. Her courage and determination to become someone is the reason what she is today, a lady that has become an inspiration to other women.
Becoming By Michelle Obama Book Summary
If you read this summary of this work, you will connect the story of how she became the first and most influential First Lady in the history of the United States and see many points in Michelle Obama’s life.
Becoming is an autobiography of Michelle Obama’s journey through highs and lows, Michelle Obama tells the story of a young girl born in Chicago who takes us through her years of forming, in the book Becoming. Michelle begins the book by introducing her family and giving a clear idea of how she values and forms the basis of everything that is important in her life. This exploration of the First Lady’s life offers unique insights into the people she has met and the joys and tribulations of living in a presidential family.
The book gives insights into her early life as a black female, adjustment to a white male-dominated college world and the political and Presidential phases of her life.
In Chapter 15, Mrs. Obama explains why, despite her misgivings about politics, she decided to support her husband’s presidential candidacy. Michelle ends the book by saying she is proud of what she has achieved as First Lady. Obama’s “book confirms what we’ve seen throughout their time in the White House: They had to do what politics requires of a first lady, and it’s the first lady who shapes the version that’s real.
Becoming Inspiring Quotes by Michelle Obama
- “If you don’t get out there and define yourself, you’ll be quickly and inaccurately defined by others.”
- “Do we settle for the world as it is, or do we work for the world as it should be?”
- “Failure is a feeling long before it becomes an actual result. It’s vulnerability that breeds with self-doubt and then is escalated, often deliberately, by fear.”
- “Your story is what you have, what you will always have. It is something to own.”
- “The lesson being that in life you control what you can.”
- “Life was teaching me that progress and change happen slowly. Not in two years, four years, or even a lifetime. We were planting seeds of change, the fruit of which we might never see. We had to be patient.”
- “Grief and resilience live together.”
- “It’s all a process, steps along a path. Becoming requires equal parts patience and rigor. Becoming is never giving up on the idea that there’s more growing to be done.”
- “The noise doesn’t go away, but the most successful people I know have figured out how to live with it, to lean on the people who believe in them, and to push onward with their goals.”
- “In my blinding drive to excel, in my need to do things perfectly, I’d missed the signs and taken the wrong road.”
Reasons for Buying the Book?
Michelle Obama’s book, Becoming, gives an interesting insight not only into her life, but also into the family time in the White House and the hard work her family has put into making it successful. The first section, entitled Becoming Me, focuses on Michelle’s early life. It’s about her education, meeting Barack Obama and starting her political career. The books is the life journey of Michelle Obama from her early life as a black female to First Lady of the United States. So to fire up your motivation, buy Becoming by clicking on any of the links herein.