Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL), the corporate entity of Visakhapatnam Steel Plant (VSP) has released the notification for the recruitment of trainees on various posts. VIZAG Steel is inviting the application from the interested job seekers for the vacant posts of Junior Trainee, OCM Trainee, and Management Trainee.
We have compiled the current vacancies available with VIZAG in this article. Interested candidates can check their eligibility and apply directly for the suitable post for them from the link given at the end of the post. Scroll down your cursor to get information related to VIZAG Recruitment 2019 for trainees in detail.
VIZAG has released various vacancies in different departments. Here have a look at the vacant posts available with VIZAG;
1. VIZAG Steel Plant Recruitment 2019 for Junior Trainee: 530 Posts
- Mechanical – 260 Posts
- Electrical – 115 Posts
- Metallurgy – 86 Posts
- Chemical – 43 Posts
- Electronics – 5 Posts
- Instrumentation – 9 Posts
- Civil – 2 Posts
- Refractory – 10 Posts
2. Operator cum Mechanic Trainees (OCM Trainee) – 29 Posts
For Junior Trainees
- Age Limit: Minimum age limit for junior Trainee Vacancies is 18 and the maximum age limit is 27 years. Candidates from SC. ST, other reserved category and Ex-serviceman will get the relaxation in the upper age limit as per the rules.
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have done Matric / SSC with full-time ITI / Diploma in Engineering in respective Trades/ Disciplines with 60% marks in regular ITI / Diploma in Engineering for Gen/OBC-NCL/EWS candidates and 50% marks for SC/ST/PwBD candidates in all subjects of all semesters/years.
For OCM Trainees
- Age Limit: Candidates’ age should be 18 to 27 years to apply for the mentioned posts. Candidates from reserved category will get the benefits of relaxation in upper age limit as per the rules.
- Educational Qualification: Applicant must have done Matric /SSC with full-time ITI OR Diploma in Engineering courses in any discipline (conducted by State Board of Technical Education and Training) with valid Heavy Motor Vehicle License (Transport).
Candidates should have 60% marks in regular ITI / Diploma in Engineering. For SC, ST candidates it is essential to score 50% marks in all subjects of all semesters/year.
Training & Stipend
Selected candidates will be required to undergo training for a period of twenty four (24) months. During the training period, the trainees will be paid a monthly stipend of Rs.10, 700/- for first 12 months and Rs.12, 200/- for the remaining training period as a stipend.
After training the trainees will get the appointment on probation to regular post i.e. Technician and others based on the availability and eligibility of candidates.
If your educational qualification and age match with the eligibility criteria given here then you must apply for the suitable posts in VIZAG for you.
- The online Application submission process for the aforementioned posts will start from 1 August 2019.
- The last date for submitting the online application form will be 21 August 2019.
- Candidates can submit the application fee till 22 August 2019.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply online for the vacancies available with VIZAG. Here is the procedure to apply for trainees’ post available in VIZAG;
- Log on to www.vizagsteel.com and click on the link “Careers” and click on registration link pertaining to Recruitment of Junior Trainee & OCM (Trainee).
- Now fill the registration form and note down all the details.
- Login with your details, fill the application form and upload your photograph and signature.
- Make Payment of application fee online e through Credit card/Debit Card, Net-banking.
- Take a print out of confirmation page and at last download the registration slip from application board for further use.
- Processing fee to apply for the vacancies mentioned aloft is Rs. 300 for General, OBC & EwS candidates.
- SC/ST/PwBD candidates are exempted from the application/processing fee.
In VIZAG recruitment 2019 the selection of the candidate will be done through the Online Computer Based Test. This will be followed by Certificate Verification and Medical Examination of the provisionally selected candidates.
The Online Computer Based Test will have two segments. In the first segment, 75 questions will be asked from General Aptitude, GK and English and in the second segment, 75 questions will be asked from technical topics.
- To read the official notification for VIZAG Recruitment 2019, click here.
- The link to apply online for the vacancies mentioned above will get active on 1 August 2019.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we have included all the information required to apply for VIZAG recruitment 2019 for Junior Trainee and OCM Trainee. In case of any further questions related to this or any other topic, feel free to write to us in the comment box.