State Bank of India (SBI) has released a notification inviting applications for the post of clerk (junior associate – customer support and sales). SBI is the largest public sector bank and is most sought after by bank job aspirants. Those willing to build a career in banking sector, must not miss the end date to apply online.
Interested candidates can apply for vacancy in a particular state and must be proficient in the opted local language of that state. The test for opted local language will be a part of the selection process. To know details on SBI clerk recruitment 2020, scroll down.
- The SBI Clerk recruitment notification 2020 was released by the bank on 2nd January.
- The link to submit SBI clerk recruitment online form 2020 was activated on 3rd January 2020.
- The last date to apply online and make payment of fee is 26 January 2020.
- Applicants can complete their forms by January 26, 2020.
- The prelim exam for SBI Clerk recruitment 2020 is scheduled in February/March 2020.
- Candidates can download admit card for preliminary exam in February 2020.
- The result of preliminary exam will be released in April 2020.
- The main exam for SBI Clerk recruitment 2020 will be held on 19th April 2020.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card for main exam in April 2020.
- The application fee to be paid by General/OBC candidates is Rs. 750.
- The candidates belonging to other categories shall pay no application fee.
- Candidates can make payment of examination fee via debit/credit card, mobile wallet, cash card, UPI or via SBI E Challan mode.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 Vacancy Details
- The total number of vacancies of clerk announced are 8134.
- The vacancies are announced for Junior Associate (regular post) and Junior Associate (Backlog post).
- Vacancies announced for Junior Associate (Regular post) are 8000.
- Vacancies announced for Junior Associate (Backlog post) are 134.
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should not be less than 20 years in age and more than 28 years as on 01.01.2020.
- Relaxation in upper age limit will be given as per rules.
- Candidates should be a graduate in any stream or equivalent from a recognized university in India.
- The applicants should be a graduate as on 01.01.2020.
- Applicants should be proficient in local language, as opted while submitting the application.
To know the complete eligibility criteria, candidates are advised to read the SBI Clerk Recruitment Notification 2020.
Selection Process of SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020
- SBI will conduct a preliminary exam, main exam and test of local language for selection of candidate.
SBI Clerk Preliminary Exam
- The online preliminary exam will be objective type consisting for 100 marks for 1 hour duration.
- The prelims exam will comprise of 3 sections: Numerical Ability, Reasoning Ability and English Language.
- Numerical and Reasoning Ability section will include 35 question of 30 marks each and the English Language section will be for 30 questions of 30 marks.
- Each section of the preliminary exam will be for a duration of 20 minutes.
- Negative marking of 0.25 marks allocated for the question will be done for every wrong answer.
SBI Clerk Main Exam
- Main exam will include 4 sections: General/Finance Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude.
- The SBI Clerk main exam will be conducted for 190 questions of 200 marks for a duration of 2 hours 40 minutes.
- General English section will be for 40 questions of 40 marks for 35 minutes, General/Financial Awareness and Quantitative Aptitude will be for 50 questions of 50 marks for 35 minutes and 45 minutes respectively, and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude will be for 50 questions of 60 marks for 45 minutes.
Test of Specified Opted Local Language
- The candidates who will be able to present 10th and 12th marksheet as evidence of having studied the opted local language shall not appear for the language test.
- Those with have not studied the local language shall appear for the exam.
- This test will be qualifying in nature.
- The marks obtained by candidates in the main exam will only be considered for preparation of final merit list.
- List of selected candidates will be made available on the website of the bank.
How to Apply for SBI Clerk Recruitment 2020
- Candidates shall register themselves online for SBI Clerk (junior associate – customer support and sales) through the website of bank, https://bank.sbi/careers OR https://www.sbi.co.in/careers by clicking on Recruitment of Junior Associates 2020.
- Complete the online form by filling in required details, uploading the photograph and signature in the correct size and format.
- Complete the application process by paying the application fee.
The Bottom Line
SBI has announced bumper vacancies for graduates on the post of junior associate – customer support and sales. Applications are invited to fill more than 8000 vacancies of clerk. Interested and eligible candidates can submit their application before 26 January 2020. To know more details, candidates should visit the website of SBI, read official notification and cross check details before making the final submission. You can also write your questions to us in the comments section below, we shall revert.