The Staff Selection Commission has released a notification for the posts of Junior Hindi Translator, Junior Translator, Senior Hindi Translator, and Hindi Pradhyapak. The posts are for different ministries and departments of the Government of India. The recruitment of candidates will be done through an examination followed by an interview. Based on the candidates performance and marks obtained the final list of selected candidates will be announced officially.
Schedule of Dates for SSC JHT Recruitment 2019
- The application process begins 1st August 2019
- Closing date for the submission of online application is 28th August 2019 upto 5 PM.
- The tentative exam date is 26th November 2019.
- The application fee for General and OBC candidates is Rs. 100.
- Female and SC/ST/PH candidates are exempted from the payment of fee.
- The payment of application fee can be made through Credit/Debit card, Net banking, or E Challan Mode of SBI.
- The salary for Junior Hindi Translator/Junior Translator would range between Rs.35,400 to Rs. 1,12,400.
- The salary for Senior Hindi Translator ranges between Rs.44,900 to Rs.1,42,400.
- Hindi Pradhyapak’s salary will be between Rs.47,600 to Rs. 1,51,100.
Eligibility for SSC JHT Recruitment 2019
The age of candidates for all the posts should be below 30 years as on 01/01/2019.
Educational Eligibility for Junior Hindi Translator (JHT)/Junior Translator/Senior Hindi Translator:
- Candidates are required to have Master’s Degree from a recognized University in Hindi with English as an elective or compulsory subject or as the medium of examination at degree level or vice versa.
- Applicants should have earned Master’s Degree from a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with English and English as elective or compulsory subjects or one of the language as a medium of examination.
- Candidates should have done Diploma or Certificate course in translation from English to Hindi and vice versa, or should have 2 years of experience in translation from English to Hindi and vice versa in any Central or State Government Office in India, this includes all the Government of India Undertakings.
Education Qualification for Hindi Pradhyapak will be available in the detailed notification to be released by the SSC on August 1, 2019.
SSC JHT Recruitment 2019 Selection Process
- The selection of candidates is a two-step process, where first stage is a computer-based Test (CBT) and the second is interview/document verification.
- The CBT includes Paper-I and Paper-II each carrying 200 marks.
- The marks obtained by candidates in Paper-I and Paper-II will be considered for the shortlisting of candidates for the interview/document verification.
SSC JHT Exam Pattern 2019
The written exam will include Paper-I and Paper-II, details of the same is discussed below.
- The Paper-I of CBT will be objective type carrying 100 Marks for each General Hindi and General English, i.e. total 200 marks. The duration of test will be 2 hours.
- Native marking of one fourth of the marks allocated to the question will be applicable for every wrong answer.
- The Paper-II (Descriptive Type) will be conducted for 200 marks.
- The paper will include Translation and Essay to be completed in 2 hours and 40 minutes.
How To Apply
Candidates can apply for these posts online by visiting the website, https://ssc.nic.in/, the link to apply online will be activate from 1st of August 2019. SSC has released a short notification for these vacancies; detailed notification will be available from the date of commencement of application.
The Bottom Line
The candidates must check the eligibility details before applying for any of the above discussed posts. You are advised to visit the official website of SSC for new announcements and updates. If you have a question, write it in the comment box below.