Recruitment and Assessment Centre (RAC) is inviting the online applications from the interested and eligible candidates for 290 vacant posts of Scientist B, Executive Engineer, and others.
It’s a golden opportunity for those engineering professionals who want to get a government job. Candidates with an engineering degree of BE and B. tech can apply for the aforementioned vacancies in RAC. Candidates with BE, B.Tech and GATE qualification can get a job of scientist in leading defense research organizations such as DRDO, DST, ADA, GAETEC Hyderabad and others.
In this article we have compiled the detailed information on RAC Recruitment 2019, scroll down to know more.
RAC Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
- Electronics & Comm. Engg-78
- Mechanical Engg-59
- Computer Science & Engg-46
- Based on GATE 2017/2018/2019
- Chemical Engg-04
- Electrical Engg-12
- Aeronautical Engg-14
- Material Science-01
- Civil Engg-08
- Instrumentation Engg-01
- Textile Engg-01
- Production/ Industrial Production Engg-01
- Food Science-01
The vacancies mentioned here are segregated according to the category of the applicant.
- The last date to apply for all the above mentioned vacancies is 31st August 2019.
- The descriptive exam for the selection of the candidate will be conducted in October 2019 (tentatively).
Eligibility Criteria For RAC 2019 Recruitment
For Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Applicant must have First Class Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Electronics & Communication Engg from a recognized university or equivalent.
- The candidate either has qualified the GATE or has 80% aggregate marks in EQ degree. To apply for GAETEC this qualification is not required.
For Mechanical Engineering
- Applicant must have passed the Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Mechanical Engg from a recognized university or equivalent with first class. To apply for vacant posts in DST first-class condition is not applicable.
- The candidate has a Valid GATE score in Mechanical Engineering [Paper code: ME] . This option is not applicable for GAETEC posts.
For Computer Science & Engg
- Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology in Computer Science & Engg from a recognized university or equivalent and to apply for DRDO first-class marks is must.
- A valid GATE score in Computer Science & Information Technology or e in Computer Science & Information Technology is also required.
For Other Vacant Posts
- Candidate must have scored first-class marks in Bachelor or Master Degree of their disciple along with valid GATE Score.
Those applicants who do not have First Class/Division in EQ degree can apply against the vacancies of DST only. The detailed segregation of vacancies as per their availability in DRDO, DST, ADA, and GAETEC is given in the official notification of RAC Recruitment 2019. You can get a link of the same at the bottom of this article.
How to Apply
If your qualification matches with eligibility criteria set by RAC then you can apply for the aforementioned posts online. To apply for the suitable vacancy released in RAC Recruitment 2019 notification follow the below-given instructions;
- First, you will have to register on https://rac.gov.in.
- Now you can log in on the website to fill the application form online.
- You will have to upload requisite certificates and details of the application fee payment to submit your application successfully.
- Candidates will also have to marks their preference for DRDO and/or DST and/or ADA and/or GAETEC according to their eligibility.
- General (UR), EWS and OBC male candidates are required to pay Rs. 100 as application Fee.
- SC/ST/PwD and women candidates are exempted from application fee.
RAC Selection Procedure
- Candidates, who have applied in category I, will be shortlisted for a Descriptive Examination on the basis of valid GATE score.
- Candidates who have applied for category II will be called to participate in selection procedure with minimum 80% aggregate marks in the EQ degree.
- The shortlisted applicants will have to participate in descriptive with a minimum 80% aggregate marks in the EQ degree. The examination will be consisting of two papers of 300 marks each.
- Duration of exam will be three hours and its pattern will be similar to the Engineering Services Examination (Main) conducts by UPSC.
- Qualified candidates will be sent to the next selection round, interview.
- The final selection of the candidates will be purely on the basis of marks in descriptive exam and interview.
The Bottom Line
In this article, we have compiled all the essential information about RAC recruitment 2019. By reading this article you can get to know if the vacancies in RAC will suit your qualification or not. You can read the official notification to know more about the vacant posts in RAC.
If you have done BE, B. Tech and qualified GATE then do apply for the suitable post available with RAC on or before 31st August 2019. You can write to us in the comment section if you face any issue while applying for the aforementioned vacancies, we shall revert you soon.