The General Insurance Corporation of India (GIC Re or GIC) has released notification-inviting applications for the post of Scale I Officers. The applications are invited from graduates and post graduates with good academic record to fill the 25 vacancies of officer in cadre of Scale-I (Assistant Manager) in GIC’s Indian and abroad locations.
Important Dates for GIC of India Recruitment 2019
- The online registration process for GIC Scale I officer recruitment 2019 started from August 21, 2019.
- Last date for the submission of application is September 11, 2019.
- GIC of India recruitment 2019 tentative exam date is 5th October 2019
- Admit cards will be available to download 10 days prior to exam.
- The online pre-recruitment training for SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates will be conducted from 23-26, September 2019.
- The application belonging to OBC and General category have to pay a non refundable amount of Rs. 500.
- The candidates from SC/ST, PH category and employees of GIC and GIPSA Member Companies are exempted from the payment of fee.
GIC of India Recruitment 2019 Vacancy Details
GIC Re will fill 25 vacancies under the GIC Scale I Officer Recruitment 2019. The applications are invited for following positions:
- Finance/Accounts – 9
- Information Technology (Software) – 2
- Legal – 6
- Automobile Engineering – 1
- Civil Engineering – 1
- Aeronautical Engineering – 2
- Company Secretary – 2
- Marine Engineering – 1
- Hindi – 1
GIC Recruitment 2019 Eligibility
- The minimum age limit for candidates is 21 years and the maximum is 30 years. Candidates should be born not later than 21.08.2019 and not earlier than 22.08.2019 (both the dates are inclusive).
- Age relaxation in upper age limit will be given as per government rules.
- The educational qualification varies with posts, read the GIC Officer Recruitment Notification 2019 to know the details.
- The candidates will receive basic pay of Rs. 32, 795 per month in the scale of Rs. 32795-1610(14)-55335-1745(4)-62315. The total emoluments will be approx. Rs. 59,000 per month with other benefits .
Selection Process for GIC Officer Recruitment 2019
- Selection of candidates for GIC Re Officer recruitment 2019 will include online test, group discussion and interview. The total marks for all the three will be 200.
- The online exam for both Hindi Officer and Specialists other than Hindi Officer will have three parts: Part A (Objective) and Part B (Objective) and Part C (Descriptive).
- The exam will tests candidates skills in reasoning, general awareness, English Language, numerical ability and computer literacy, and Technical and professional knowledge.
- The exam for Specialist Other Than Hindi Officer will include 123 questions for maximum marks 150.
- The exam for Hindi Officer will be conducted for 105 questions for maximum marks 150.
- The minimum qualifying marks in the online test for SC/ST candidates will be 50% while it will be 60% for general candidates.
- The minimum qualifying marks (in all the three stages, online test, GD and interview) will be 50% for SC/ST candidates and 60% for General category candidates.
GIC of India Recruitment 2019 – How to Apply
- Candidates can apply online through the official website of GIC, www.gicofindia.in, by clicking on “Apply Online” link.
- To register candidates should click on “Click here for New Registration.”
- Applicants must fill the complete application form and submit.
- Form submission process will complete only after payment of application fee.
The Bottom Line
Now you know all the important information on General Insurance Corporation of India Recruitment 2019 for the posts of Scale-I officer. The candidate selected in online test will be called for group discussion and interview. The GIC Officer Recruitment 2019 will place selected candidates anywhere in India or abroad based on the requirement of the Corporation.