Delhi University (DU) has advertised about the vacancies of associate professors and assistant professors available with the university. Applications are invited from interested candidates in a format prescribed by the University. More than 800 vacancies are to be filled .
In this article, we have compiled all the essential information related to Delhi University Recruitment 2019 for the post of Professors and others. You can check your eligibility and apply using the apply online link shared in the article. So, scroll down to know the details on DU Professor Recruitment 2019.
Here is the detail of vacant posts in Delhi University;
- Professor- 166 vacancies
- Associate professor- 428 vacancies
- Assistant professor- 275 vacancies
- To apply for the Professors’ post in DU for Arts, Commerce, Humanities, Law, Social Sciences, Sciences, Languages and Library Science the candidate must have a Ph.D. Degree in the relevant discipline, and high quality published work in research with evidence.
- For the discipline of Management Studies, it is essential for the candidates to have a good academic record consistently with at least 55% marks or an equivalent grade in relevant discipline
- Applicant must have a minimum ten years of teaching experience in University/College as Assistant Professor/ Associate Professor/ Professor Or the applicant must have research experience at the equivalent level at the University/National level Institutions
- Candidate with Ph.D. in the relevant/allied/applied disciplines, from any academic institutions with a proven outstanding record can apply for this post (for the disciplines of Arts, Commerce, Humanities, Law, Social Sciences, Sciences, Languages and Library Science)
For Associate Professor
- Candidate needs to have a good academic record, with a Ph.D. Degree in relevant disciplines.
- Applicant must have a master’s degree with at least 55% marks in relevant disciplines.
- A minimum of eight years of experience of teaching and/or research is also required to apply for this post.
For Assistant Professor
- Candidate must have Master’s Degree with 55% marks in a concerned/relevant subject from an Indian University.
- Applicant must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR along with the aforementioned post.
- The last date to submit the online application for the Professors’ post in DU is 08.08.2019.
- Last date for submission of online application for Associate Professor Posts: 4 Aug 2019
- Last date for submission of online application for Assistant Professor Posts: 27 July 2019 (today)
- Application Fee to apply for the post of Professor and Associate Professor is Rs.2000/- for UR/OBC/EWS category. For SC, ST, PwBD category and Women applicants no application fee will be charged.
- Application fee to apply for the post of Associate Professor is Rs. 500/-. SC, ST, PwBD category and Women applicants are exempted from the application fee.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply online for all the vacancies in DU. To apply online applicants will have to register themselves online. They will be able to edit their forms any number of times before the end date using registered mail id and password. Interested candidates are advised to read the official notification to check required qualification and eligibility.
- To read the advertisement for the post of DU Assistant Professor recruitment, click here.
- To know more information about the vacant post of Professor in DU, click here.
- To get more information about the vacancy of Associate Professor, click here.
DU Professor Recruitment – Apply Online
The Bottom Line
If you are looking for a job in Delhi University as a Professor/Assistant or Associate Professor then you must not miss to apply for these 800 vacancies. All the important information on Delhi University Professor Recruitment 2019 has been shared above. If you have any questions in mind then write to us in the comment box below.