If you are preparing for competitive exams like Railway, Bank PO, CAT, UPSC Civil Services, GATE, NDA, CDS, IBPS or others, these current affairs on appointments is important for exam point of view.
Those who have missed the important appointments of February 2020, can walk through it within minutes by staying on this page and reading. Here we have compiled all the major appointments to give a boost to your preparation.
Indian Ambassador to Canada – Ajay Bisaria
- Ajay Bisaria, India’s High Commissioner to Pakistan, was appointed as the High Commissioner of India to Canada.
- He succeeded Vikas Swarup.
- In the year 2020 when neighboring country Pakistan urged India for recalling its envoy due to increase in tensions between both the countries after India scrapped Article 370, a constitutional provision which offered special status to Jammu & Kashmir.
Indian ambassador to the United States – Taranjit Singh Sandhu
- Taranjit Singh Sandhu was appointed as the Indian ambassador to the United States.
- He succeeded Harsh Vardhan Shringla.
- He previously served as High Commissioner of India to Sri Lanka.
- Mr. Sandhu joined the Indian Foreign Service in the year 1988.
- He also served as consul general in Frankfurt.
- He also served as Deputy Chief of Mission at the Embassy of India in Washington D.C. as well as worked as Consul General of India in Frankfurt.
Chairman of CBIC – M Ajit Kumar
- M Ajit Kumar IRS (C&CE 84) was appointed by the Government of India as Chairman of the Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC).
- Prior to this, M Ajit Kumar, a 1984 batch IRS officer, served as Directorate of Vigilance in New Delhi; Principal Chief Commissioner of GST Zone for Tamil Nadu and Puducherry; Directorate of Revenue Intelligence in Mumbai; and Principal Chief Commissioner of Customs zones in Chennai.
- He was bestowed with the World Customs Organization certificate of merit in 2019.
Central Vigilance Commissioner – Sanjay Kothari
- Sanjay Kothari was appointed as Central Vigilance Commissioner by a committee headed by Indian PM Narendra Modi.
- Prior to this, Mr. Kothari held the position of the Secretary to the President.
- The three-member panel by majority also appointed Suresh Patel as Vigilance Commissioner and Anita Pandove as Information Commissioner.
- Bimal Julka, who was serving as an Information Commissioner, was also appointed as the Chief Information Commissioner (CIC) in the Central Information Commission.
USIBC Chairman of Global Board of Directors – Vijay Advani
- Vijay Advani was appointed as chairman of Global Board of Directors by the US-India Business Council (USIBC)
- Prior to this, Mr. Advani was serving as Executive Chairman of the Board. He has also served at the World Bank.
- Also GE South Asia President & CEO Mahesh Palashikar Lockheed and Martin International Senior Vice President Tim Cahill were appointed as members of the Global Board of Directors.
President of Ram Mandir Trust – Mahant Nritya Gopal Das
- Mahant Nritya Gopal Das was appointed as President of the Ram Temple Trust to oversee the Ram temple construction in Ayodhya.
- Champat Rai has been appointed as the General Secretary of the Ram Temple Trust.
- Also Nripendra Misra, the former principal secretary of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has been appointed as the head of the Temple Construction committee.
Advisers to PM – Amarjeet Sinha and Bhaskar Khulbe
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabine appointed retired IAS officers Amarjeet Sinha and Bhaskar Khulbe as Advisors to Indian PM Narendra Modi.
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet approved appointment of Amarjeet Sinha and Bhaskar Khulbe in the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) on a contractual basis for a period of 2 years.
President of Rowing Federation of India – Rajlaxmi Singh Deo
- The Rowing Federation of India (RFI) has been re-elected as the President for four years till the year 2024.
- Also, Souvik Ghose, Rajpal Singh, Sreekumara Kurup and G Bhasker has been appointed as the Vice-Presidents of RFI.
- Chirajit Phukan and Krishna Kumar Singh were also elected as the joint secretaries.
- Venkateswara Rao, Jasbir Singh, Manjunatha, Ismail Baig and Jacob are selected as the executive committee members.
MD and CEO of Dhanlaxmi Bank – Sunil Gurbaxani
- Sunil Gurbaxani was appointed as Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Dhanalaxmi Bank for 3 years from the date of taking charge under RBI approval.
- Prior to this, Mr. Gurbaxani has handled various roles at Axis Bank including Operations Head, Assistant Vice President, Credit officer, Assistant General Manager, Vice President, Senior Vice President and Executive Vice President.
ICAI President and Vice President
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAI) has appointed Atul Kumar Gupta as President for the year 2020-21. Prior to this, he has served as Chairman of SAFA Committee on Education, Training & CPD ; Director of XBRL India; and Director of ICAI-Accounting Research Foundation (ARF).
- Nihar Niranjan Jambusaria was appointed as the Vice President of the ICAI for the year 2020-21. Prior to this appointment, he has served as the Chairman of – International tax Committee, IndAS Implementation Committee, ICAI, and other Committees/ Board of ICAI.
Eastern Fleet Commander – Rear Admiral Sanjay Vatsayan
- Rear Admiral Sanjay Vatsayan, NM by Rear Admiral Suraj Berry, AVSM, NM, VSM has taken the command of the Eastern Fleet. The Eastern Fleet comprises of Indian Navy’s frontline warships that are deployed across the Indo-Pacific region for safeguarding Maritime interest of the country.
- He is a Gunnery & Missile systems specialist with wide experience at sea and ashore.
- He has commanded missile vessels Nashak and Vibhuti.
- He also served as the commissioning Commanding Officer of the Indian Navy built Shivalik-class stealth multi-role frigate Sahyadri.