Staff Selection Commission (SSC) is a recruitment body for government jobs. SSC conducts exams for various posts in many ministries. Every year thousands of aspirants appear in SSC exams to get government job. To recruit the employees for the government of India, SSC will release the notification for SSC CHSL 2019 very soon.
Here is the overview of SSC CHSL 2019 exam.
SSC CHSL 2019
- Exam Name: Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Exam commonly known as SSC CHSL
- Conducted By: Staff Selection Commission
- Offered Posts: Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant(JSA), Postal Assistant(PA)/ Sorting Assistant(SA) and Data Entry Operator(DEO)
- Mode of Exam: Tier 1 will be computer-based exam contains MCQs, Tier 2 exam will be descriptive exam based on pen and paper and Tier 3 exam is to check typing skills.
SSC CHSL 2019 Important Dates
Here are the details of important dates associated with SSC CHSL 2019 exam. The details of SSC CHSL 2019 important dates are tentative as of now.
- Official notification of SSC CHSL 2019 will release on January 19, 2019.
- SSC CHSL 2019 Application form will be available online from January 19, 2019.
- The last date to apply for SSC CHSL 2019 is February 18, 2019.
- SSC CHSL 2019 exam date will be announced in the official notification only.
SSC CHSL 2019 Vacancies
It is expected that SSC CHSL 2019 exam will be conducted to recruit approximately 4000 employees for the government of India. These employees will be recruited at different posts in different ministries.
SSC CHSL 2019 vacancies will include following posts;
- Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant: 2359 or more posts
- Lower Divisional Clerk (LDC)/Junior Secretariat Assistant: 898 or more posts
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): 2 or more posts
These are the tentative numbers of vacant posts based on previous recruitment strategy of SSC CHSL. In the year 2016-17 SSC CHSL released 6709 vacancies and for the year 2017-18, SSC CHSL released 3289 vacancies. It is expected that the numbers of SSC CHSL 2019 vacancies will be higher than the previous year.
SSC CHSL 2019 Application Form
SSC CHSL 2019 application form will be available to the aspirants on 19th January 2019. Candidates can fill the SSC CHSL 2019 application form till 18 February 2019.
The mode of SSC CHSL 2019 application form will be online. To fill the application form for SSC CHSL 2019, candidates first need to register them on the website of SSC then only they can fill the SSC CHSL 2019 application form. To submit the application form of SSC CHSL 2019 candidate need to attach the scanned copy of their recent passport size photograph and signature.
Aspirants need to submit the application fee to appear in SSC CHSL 2019 exam. The application fee for nonreserved candidates and OBC candidates is Rs. 100/- only. Female candidates and candidates from other reserved categories are exempted from the application fee.
Candidates can pay the application fee either online or offline. For online payment, you can use your debit card, credit card or net banking. To pay the fee offline candidates can download SBI Challan and pay the fee at near SBI branch.
SSC CHSL 2019 Eligibility
Here are the parameters to appear in SSC CHSL 2019 exam.
According to SSC CHSL 2019 eligibility criteria; a candidate must be one of the following;
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Bhutan or Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who came to India before 1st January 1962, with the purpose of permanently settling in India.
- A person of Indian origin migrated from Burma/Pakistan/Sri Lanka/East African countries of Uganda/Kenya, the United Republic of Malawi/ Tanzania/ Zambia/ Zaire/ Vietnam/ Ethiopia with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- To apply for SSC CHSL 2019, the minimum age of the candidate should be 18 years and maximum age should be 27 years.
- August 1, 2019, is the cut off date to count the age of the candidate.
- According to this, candidate’s date of birth should not fall before August 2, 1991, and not later than August 1, 2000, to appear in SSC CHSL 2019 exam.
- Candidates from different reserved category will get the relaxation in the upper age limit to apply for the SSC CHSL exam.
- As per SSC CHSL 2019 eligibility criteria, the minimum educational qualification to appear in SSC CHSL exam is class 12th.
- To apply for the post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG), the candidate must have cleared class 12th with science (PCM) stream.
- Candidates who are appearing class 12th exam can also appear in SSC CHSL 2019 exam but they need to show the evidence of clearing class 12th by August 1, 2019.
SSC CHSL 2019 Exam Pattern
SSC CHSL 2019 exam pattern is divided into three tiers. Here is the detail of same;
Tier 1 is a computer-based exam that consists of multiple choice questions. CHSL tier 1 question paper is divided into 4 following parts;
- English Language (Basic Knowledge)
- General Intelligence
- Quantitative Aptitude
- General Awareness
Each part contains 25 questions for 50 marks. So, the applicant has to solve total 100 questions for 200 marks. The question paper is set in both English and Hindi language. The exam also has negative marking. For every wrong answer, .50 marks will be deducted. The applicant will have to complete this exam in 60 minutes.
CHSL exam pattern for tier 2 is descriptive and for 100 marks. This exam will be performed by pen on paper. The motive to conduct this exam is to check the writing skills of the applicants. Candidates will have to write an Essay and Letter in this exam. The word limit for the essay is 200-250 and for the letter is 150-200. To clear this exam, candidates need to score at least 33% marks. Duration of this exam is 60 minutes.
Tier 3 exam is conducted to check the typing speed of the candidates. The duration of this exam is 15 minutes only.
Typing Test: To cleat this exam it is mandated to have a typing speed of 35 words per minute for English and 30 words per minute for Hindi.
Skill Test: Skill test is conducted for the applicants of Data Entry Operator. It is mandated to have the data entry speed of 8000 key depressions per hour on the computer.
The result of SSC CHSL 2019 exam will depend on the marks scored in Tier 1 & Tier 2 exams.
Here we have given detailed information about SSC CHGL 2019 exam. If you have any further query related to SSC CHSL 2019 exam, then you can write to us in the comment box below.
Also Read: SSC CPO 2019 – Application Form, Eligibility, Dates, Exam Pattern