The Staff Selection Commission conducts the SSC CGL exam every year to recruit the candidates for various posts in Group B and Group C under the central government. The SSC CGL exam is the most awaited exam for the aspirants. Every year more than 20 lakh candidates fill the application form for this exam.
SSC CGL exam is to be conducted in multiple tiers. The exam is conducted in Tier-1, Tier-2, tier-3, and Tier-4. Tier 1 and Tier 2 exam will be conducted in online mode as a Computer-Based Test. The tier-3 exam will be an offline exam and tier-4 exam will be a skill-based exam.
Here in this article, you will get the advanced information about SSC CGL 2019 exam dates, application form, exam pattern, and syllabus.
Important Dates for SSC CGL Exam
These are the tentative dates related to SSC CGL Exam 2019.
- Official notification for SSC CGL 2019 exam date to be published in March 2019.
- It is expected that the SSC CGL 2019 application form will be available online by March 2019.
- Aspirants can fill the SSC CGL 2019 application form till 4th week of April 2019.
- For tier-1 exam of SSC CGL, the admit card will be available from 1st week of May 2019.
- SSC CGL 2019 exam date (tier-1) may fall in between of 4th week of June to 3rd week of July 2019. Result for this exam will be declared by the August-September 2019.
- SSC CGL 2019 exam date (tier-2) will be in the 4th week of September 2019. Result for the same will be declared by November 2019.
- SSC CGL 2019 exam date (tier-3) will be in December 2019.
- SSC CGL 2019 exam date (tier-4) will be in February 2020.
SSC CGL 2019 Application Form
- SSC CGL 2019 application form can be downloaded from the official website of SSC in March 2019.
- Before filling SSC CGL 2019 application form candidates must be having a valid e-mail Id and a working mobile number to log in the SSC website.
- Candidates need to register themselves first and then fill the SSC CGL 2019 application form with the login id and password.
- SSC CGL 2019 application form fee for unreserved and OBC candidates’ is Rs. 100/-. For SC/ST/PWD and female candidates the application form is free of cost.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern
As we mentioned above, the SSC CGL exam will be conducted in tier 1, 2, 3, and 4. The SSC CGL Exam Pattern is different for the different tier.
- SSC CGL Exam Pattern for tier-1: It has four sections; these sections are General Intelligence and Reasoning, General Awareness, Quantitative Aptitude, and English Comprehension. The tier-1 exam will have total 100 questions and maximum 200 marks. This is an online exam.
- SSC CGL Exam Pattern for tier-2: It has 4 exam papers; the duration of each exam is 2 hours. These papers are based on Quantitative Ability, English Language, Statistics and General Studies (Finance & Economics). First two papers are compulsory for all candidates.
- SSC CGL Exam Pattern for tier-3: It is a descriptive type paper of 100 marks. It is conducted in offline mode.
- SSC CGL Exam Pattern for tier-4: It is basically a Computer Proficiency Test. Its duration is 45 minutes.
SSC CGL Syllabus
- SSC CGL syllabus for tier -1 for General Intelligence and Reasoning: Matrix, Word Formation, Coding-decoding, Blood relation etc.
- SSC CGL syllabus for tier -1 for General Awareness: Current affairs, sports, static knowledge etc.
- SSC CGL syllabus for tier -1 for Quantitative Aptitude: Simplification, average, percentage, speed, distance and time etc.
- SSC CGL syllabus for tier -1 for English Compression: Sentence correction, spelling correction, fills in the blanks etc.
- SSC CGL syllabus for tier-2 for Quantitative Aptitude: Interest, ratio, number system etc.
- SSC CGL syllabus for tier-2 for the English Language: Sentence correction, Phrase and idioms, para jumble etc.
- SSC CGL syllabus for tier-2 for Statics: Random variables, Collection and representation of Data etc.
- SSC CGL syllabus for tier-2 for General awareness: All information about accounts and finance.
- SSC CGL syllabus for tier-3: Application, letter etc.
- SSC CGL syllabus for tier-4: it’s a practical exam for data entry speed and CPT (Computer Proficiency Test).
This is the summed up information about the SSC CGL exam 2019. To get detailed information about the same, stay tuned with us.