Staff Selection Commission (SSC) organizes recruitment exams every year to fill the vacant posts with the central government and other ministries. SSC CPO is one of that few exams that SSC conducts. SSC CPO stands for Staff Selection Commission Central Police Organization. SSC conducts SSC CPO exam for the recruitment on the post of sub-inspector in Delhi Police, Assistant Sub Inspectors in CISF, and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs). Aspirants, who appear for SSC CPO 2019 exam, can get one of the aforementioned posts based on their rank in the exam.
Aspirants who wish to get success in the SSC CPO 2019 exam are recommended to read this article to get the information on SSC CPO 2019 important dates, syllabus, exam pattern and more.
SSC CPO 2019 Important Dates
If you want to appear in SSC CPO 2019 exam then you should know about all the important dates associated with the SSC CPO 2019 exam. Here we have mentioned the information on SSC CPO 2019 important dates based on the press release released by SSC.
- SSC CPO 2019 Application form submission will be initiated from March 2019 onwards.
- Applicants can submit the SSC CPO 2019 Application form till mid week of April 2019.
- SSC CPO 2019 exam date for Paper-1 may fall in June 2019.
- Result for SSC CPO 2019 exam for paper-1 will be declared by August 2019 and in next month PET/PST & Medical Test Exam will be conducted. The result of PET will be declared in September 2019.
- SSC CPO 2019 exam date for Paper-2 will be in December 2019.
- The final result of SSC CPO 2019 exam will be declared in January 2020.
Hence this recruitment process of SSC CPO 2019 will be completed in a year time.
SSC CPO 2019 Application Form
The application form will be available online in March 2019. Applicants need to apply online to be a part of the SSC CPO 2019 exam. Candidates need to fill the complete application form carefully because only those candidates will get the SSC CPO 2019 admit cards who have filled the complete SSC CPO 2019 application form.
- Applicants can fill the SSC CPO 2019 application form on the official web portal of SSC.
- Candidates will be having the liberty to choose any three exam centers for them. One out of three exam centers will be allocated to the applicants based on the availability of seats.
- Candidates need to enclose a recent passport size photograph and scanned copy of their signatures along with the application form.
SSC CPO 2019 vacancies
SSC has not declared the exact number of SSC CPO 2019 vacancies for which the exam has to be conducted. So, here we are mentioning the names of the posts for which the recruitment process will be executed.
Available Posts for SSC CPO 2019 exam
- SI (GD) in Central Armed Police Forces
- Executive SI in Delhi Police (Male)
- Executive SI in Delhi Police (Female)
- Executive ASI in Central Industrial Security Force
SSC CPO 2019 Eligibility
Read the SSC CPO 2019 eligibility criteria carefully before making your mind to apply for SSC CPO 2019 exam.
Here are a few mandate terms that make you eligible to appear in the SSC CPO exam 2019.
- The age of the applicant should be in between of 20- 25 years. The cut of date for age is 1st August 2019.
- Candidates from SC/ST and OBC and other reserved categories will get the relaxation in the upper age limit as per the rules.
- Only graduated candidates will be considered for SSC CPO 2019 exam. To apply for the posts under SSC CPO, candidates need to complete their graduation before 1 August 2019 from a government recognized university.
- If a candidate is in the final semester of his/her graduate program then he/she has to submit a letter signed by the college authority which proves that there is no educational back-log the candidate has.
- Male candidates must have a driving license if he is trying for the Delhi Police Sub-Inspector post.
SSC CPO 2019 Exam Pattern
SSC CPO 2018 is divided into two parts; Paper 1 and Paper 2. Here are the details of both of papers.
SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Paper 1
SSC CPO paper 1 is like the prelim exam for SSC CPO. Paper 1 has multiple choice questions. Duration of this exam is 2 hours and the paper is divided into the following sections;
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Knowledge and General Awareness
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
Every segment of SSC CPO paper 1 consists of 50 questions each. This exam is for maximum 200 marks. For every correct answer the candidate will 1 mark and for every wrong answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Physical Entrance Test
Once a candidate passes the SSC CPO paper 1 then he reaches to the second stage which is Physical Entrance Test (PET). In this test, the physical capabilities of applicants are checked. For this SSC CPO has few pre-decided measures and here they are;
PET test for male candidates
PET test criteria for male candidates includes following;
- Race: 100 meters in 16 seconds
- Race: 1.6 Km in 6.5 minutes
- Long Jump: 3.65 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 1.2 meters in 3 chances
- Shot Put (16 lbs): 5 meters in 3 chances
PET test for female candidates
PET test criteria for female candidates as follows;
- Race: 100 meters in 18 seconds
- Race: 800 meters in 4 minutes
- Long Jump: 2.7 meters in 3 chances
- High Jump: 9 meters in 3 chances
SSC CPO Exam Pattern for Paper 2
SSC CPO exam paper 2 is the mains exam to get selected in SSC CPO. In SSC CPO exam paper 2, total 200 questions are asked from English language & Comprehension. Candidates need to attempt these 200 questions in 2 hours. For every correct answer candidate will score 1 mark and for every wrong answer, .25 marks will be deducted.
The Bottom Line
So, now you are having all the information related to SSC CPO 2019 exam. With the help of the aforementioned details, you can start your preparation for SSC CPO 2019 exam.
In case of any doubt related to SSC CPO exam 2019, you can write to us in the comment box below.