National Institute of Fashion and Technology (NIFT) has invited applications for the contract post of assistant professor from eligible candidates in the profoma that you can find on the official notification, for which link is shared below in the article. This contract position falls in 7th pay matrix level-10. Interested candidates must scroll down to know all the essential details.
NIFT will be filling 179 posts of assistant professor through direct recruitment. Applications are invited from only Indian nationals.
- The maximum age for candidates should not be more than 40 years as on end date of the application. Age relaxation will be as per rules.
- The eligible candidates should have completed post graduate programme with minimum 50% marks from a recognized national and international Institute with 3 years of experience in teaching or/and research in relevant industry in relevant area.
The candidates with Doctoral Degree in any of the competencies mentioned in the Annexure-I, read to know the complete eligibility details here, NIFT Assistant Professor Recruitment Notification.
NIFT Recruitment 2019 – Important Dates
- The application process has started and the last date to apply online is September 6, 2019 upto 5:30 PM.
- Candidates are required to pay the exam fee on or before last date of application submission.
- The date of exam is yet to be announced.
- The candidates from General/OBC category have to pay Rs. 1000 as examination fee.
- All category females and candidates from SC/ST/PH category are exempted from application fee.
- The payment of examination fee can be made through Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
- The selection process of selection of assistant professors includes written test, presentation and interview.
- The written test is conducted in two parts of 50 marks each. The Part-I tests candidates General Ability, General Awareness, Communication Ability, Reasoning, Analytical Ability, and Data Interpretation. The Part-II tests candidate’s professional aptitude.
- Marks obtained by candidates in Part-II of the written exam will only be evaluated if the candidates secure cut off marks in the Part-I of the exam.
- The candidates shortlisted in the written test will be called for presentation before the screening committee on a topic given an hour earlier. Those candidates also have to appear for interview.
The Bottom Line
The candidates seeking a career as assistant professor should not miss on the last date. It is important to check the eligibility criteria before applying for the vacancy. All the important information is included in the article.