Candidates, who aim to join the Indian Armed Force, eagerly wait for NDA exams. Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts the entrance examination of National Defence Academy (NDA) twice every year. The NDA exam is conducted in the month of April and September every year. UPSC has announced the schedule for NDA 2019.
Here are the details of the NDA 2019 exam.
UPSC has announced the NDA 2019 exam date. As you know that the NDA exam is conducted twice in a year so here we are giving you the information about both of the exams.
- The official notification for NDA-I will release on 9th January 2019.
- The submission of the NDA 2019 application form will start from 9th January 2019.
- The last date for online application form submission will be 4th February 2019.
- Admit card for the NDA-I will be available in April 2019.
- The NDA 2019 exam date is 21st April 2019.
- The official notification for NDA-II will release on 7th August 2019.
- The submission of the NDA 2019 application form for NDA-II will start from 7th August 2019.
- The last date for online application form submission will be 3rd September 2019.
- Admit card for the NDA-II will be released in October 2019.
- The exam for NDA-II will be conducted on 17th November 2019.
- The candidates from unreserved categories will have pay Rs. 100/- as application fee for the NDA application form.
- Candidates from SC/ST and reserved categories and ward of NCOs/ JCOs/Ors can fill the NDA application form on free of cost.
- Application fee payment can be done through credit/debit card, net banking and through cash in any branch of SBI.
Eligibility for NDA 2019
- To appear in NDA I exam the candidate’s date of birth should not come before 2nd July 2000 and after 1st July 2003.
- To appear in NDA II exam the candidate’s date of birth should not come before 2nd January 2001 and after 1st January 2004.
- For Air force and Naval wing of NDA, the candidate must have cleared the 10+2 examination with PCM from a recognized state board or university.
- For Army wing of NDA, the candidate must have completed his 10+2 from a recognized state board or university.
- Candidates appearing in their 10+2 or equivalent exam can also appear in NDA exam.
- In NDA it is must for the candidates to be unmarried and physically fit.
NDA 2019 Syllabus
The NDA exam is divided into two parts. Part-I is for Mathematics and second part is for General Ability Test.
The mathematics paper of NDA includes Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical Geometry, Statistics and Probability and all other topics from the maths book of class 11 and 12.
General Ability Test
In this exam, the candidate’s English and general knowledge is checked. The English part includes the grammar and its uses, vocabulary, comprehension skills etc. The general knowledge part covers the topics from physics, chemistry, General Science, Social Studies etc.
The Part-I of NDA exam 2019 will contain 120 MCQs on mathematics for 300 marks and Part-II consist of 150 MCQs divided into English and General Knowledge. Each section will have 300 marks. The part-II of NDA exam has total 600 marks. The duration of each subjects’ exam is 2 hours 30 minutes. For every wrong answer, 1/3 marks of the total marks assigned to that question will be deducted from the candidate’s total.
The Bottom Line
Here we have summed up all the information related to NDA 2019 Exam. For any other query related to this. You can write to us in the comment section below.