UPSC conducts the NDA exam twice every year to recruit candidates in Army, Navy and Air Force. For 2019 the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA) II 2019 registration. UPSC NDA and UPSC NA (II) 2019 exams are scheduled to be held on the month of November 2019. The selection process of NDA and NA (II) consist written exam followed by SSB interview.
According to the notification released by UPSC, online application form submission process for NDA has been started. We have compiled the detailed information about UPSC NDA and NA (II) examinations. So move your cursor down to know more about NDA and Naval Academy Exam II 2019.
UPSC NDA II 2019- Important Dates
- Online submission of UPSC Naval Academy applications starts from 7th August 2019.
- The last date to submit the application form is 3rd September 2019.
- The last date to pay the application fee online is 3rd September 2019 till 6:00 pm.
- The last date to pay the application fee offline is 2nd September 2019 till 23:59 hrs.
- Candidates can withdraw application forms from 10th September to 17th September 2019 till 6:00 pm.
- NDA examination will be conducted on 7th November 2019.
- 144th course for the NDA and 106th Course for the Naval Academy will commence from 2nd July 2020.
UPSC NDA II 2019- Vacancy Details
In National Defence Academy approx 370 vacancies are available. Here is the detail of same;
- For Army: 208
- For Navy: 42
- For Air (including 28 for Ground Duties): 120
In Naval Academy 45 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme) vacancies are available.
Eligibility NDA 2019
The applicant must be one the followings; (i) a citizen of India, or ii) a subject of Bhutan, or (iii) a subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and few other countries.
Age Limits and other
- Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA 2019.
- The applicant must not be born earlier than 02nd July 2001 and not later than 01st July 2004 to apply for NDA II 2019.
- For Army Wing of National Defence Academy, the applicant must be 12th pass or equivalent from CBSE or state board.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy, the applicant must have done 12th or 10+2 from CBSE and state government with Physics and Mathematics.
- Applicant must be physically and mentally fit and free from any disease to apply for NDA.
- The height of the applicants’ height should be 157 cm and 162.5 cm for the Air Force.
- Fully expand chest of the applicant should not be less than 81 cm.
- The eyesight of 6/6 will be considered as better and 6/9 will be considered and worse.
How to Apply for NDA and NA (II) 2019
NDA aspirants can apply online for NDA NA (II) 2019. The online application has already released by the UPSC. Here are the steps that you need to follow to apply for NDA NA (II) 2019 recruitment.
- The online application is available on upsconline.nic.in. To apply online for NDA and NA, the applicant will have to visit the website.
- The applicant needs to keep their one photo ID card handy to apply online for NDA NA (II) 2019.
- Candidates will have to upload a digital signature and photograph while frilling the application online.
- At last, the candidates will have to pay the application fee to submit the form.
- For Male unmarried men, the application fee is Rs.100/-.
- SC/ST candidates, Sons of JCOs/NCOs/ORs are exempted from payment of application fee.
UPSC conducts the NDA exam in two stages; Written Exam and SSB Interview. The written exam includes 2 subjects, Mathematics, and General Ability and SSB interview include both Intelligence and Personality Test.
NDA and NA (II) Exam Pattern
- The NDA exam is conducted by UPSC in offline mode. The question paper has two sections; Mathematics and General Ability Test.
- The mathematics section has a maximum of 300 marks and the General Ability Test has a maximum 600 marks.
- In mathematics section 120 questions will be asked and in General Ability Test has 150 questions.
- In General Ability section 200 marks are allotted to English and 400 marks in total are allotted to General Knowledge.
- The duration of both of the exam is 2.5 hours each.
- The duration of SSB Interview is 4-5 days and it is conducted for 900 marks.
The Bottom Line
This article has essential information about NDA and Naval Academy Exam (II) 2019. If you were waiting for the release of UPSC NDA notification 2019 then now you can apply for National Defence Academy.
To get more information related to any topic associated with NDA and NA (II) Recruitment 2019, feel free to write to us in the comment box below.