The world will celebrate the 7th International Yoga Day on 21 June 2021. The Ministry of Ayush has done special preparation to make its day memorable for the country and the world. The ministry has launched the ‘Namaste Yoga’ mobile app for the countrymen. In 2015 The UN General Assembly adopted the draft resolution to declare 21 June as International Yoga Day. Since then, the world celebrates 21 June as International Yoga Day.
Yoga is an ancient Indian approach to have a healthy mind and body. India purposed the draft of International Yoga Day, so Indian authorities always try harder to involve as many people as possible in Yoga. However, in the present pandemic, time its not possible to organise yoga events, so the authorities have launched the ‘Namaste Yoga’ mobile app. Here people can connect virtually and participate in Yoga.
Namaste Yoga mobile app is an initiative from the Ministry of Ayush. The app is launched to spread awareness about Yoga to people of the country. The Ayush Mantralaya will organise the event on Yoga Day in association with Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY). In the event, many yoga gurus will participate virtually and tell the people about the benefits of adopting Yoga.
The central theme of the event will be ‘Be with Yoga, Be at Home’. The interested people to participate in this online event can connect through the ‘Namaste Yoga’ app. The ministry launched the app on 11 June 2021 and made it available on the play store for Android phone users. For iPhone users, the app is available on the app store. The app will be having information about yoga events, yoga centres, yoga trainers and health fitness. Though the app is launched to involve more people to participate in an online yoga session, it’s a good app for beginners to practice Yoga. Look at the highlights of the Namaste Yoga app;
Highlights of Namaste Yoga Mobile App
- The mobile app is launched on 11 June 2021 for the 7th International yoga day.
- Ministry of AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy) is purposed to develop education, research and development in the mentioned seven traditional healthcare systems.
- The ministry is headed by Shripad Yesso Naik, Minister of State (Independent charge).
- Ministry of Ayush launched the app to spread awareness about Yoga to the people. The app is projected like a worldwide informative platform for the public interest. The Ayush ministry wants to make Yoga an integral part of people’s life. So to promote Yoga, the ministry launched the app.
- Trainers and trainees can download the same app, but the registration process will be different for trainers.
- The app has information about different yoga asana. It alsi has a celebrity testimonial where the celebrity guests will talk about the importance of Yoga in health and fitness.
- The app will allow the trainers to create events, and trainees can get the complete information of yoga event.
- The app has a slow log-in process which is annoying, but overall it’s a good initiative from the Ministry of Ayush.