Choosing a career is a crucial task as you have to keep various things in mind when you plan a career for yourself. After so much effort in career planning, sill the chances of making a wrong decision is high. So it is suggested to the students and professionals to take professional help in career guidance.
Choosing a career is an essential task of one’s life. It’s as crucial as choosing a life partner so the right decision can make your life sorted. In most cases, we contact the elders of the family and our friends for career counseling. Despite the fact that they are not professional career counselors, we choose to follow their advice, and that’s how most of us make the first mistake.
Most of us think that a career is a way to earn money, but we need to look at a career from a different perspective to be successful. Career is not just a job that you do to make your livelihood, but it is a part of your life. Career also refers to the progress you have made in your professional life. It signifies your expertise and skills. So choosing a career based on money is baseless. The right career must offer you the opportunities to enhance your skills.
In the Indian education system, most students think of choosing a career after 10th, 12th, and graduation. So, it is the time when they can go for career counseling for a better direction. In career counseling, the students will have to give answers to various questions. Based on the answers, the students will come to know about the right career guidance.
Many students find all different career options interesting, so they could not decide on a particular career. If you also feel attracted to all career options, don’t be sad as you are not alone; many students face this dilemma. Here we have some tips that will help you to choose a suitable career.
How to Choose a Career?
- In the ’90s, choosing a career was not as crucial as it is today. People were mad after government jobs, and they want to be government employees.
- In the late 90’s most of the students were looking to make a career in computers. At the present time, the economy of the world is not performing well.
- The government sector is releasing fewer job openings, and the students want to have a career that offers them a good salary and the right working environment.
- At present, the career options are high, and so is the competition. Here we have some tips that will help you to choose a suitable career option. Read them and then decide what kind of work will suit you;
- It is an obvious tip we can give you to choose the right career. Career counselors are professionals that know everything about the career options available for you.
- Generally, the counselors provide an assessment for the students and job seekers. Based on the counseling seeker’s output, the counselors tell them the fields that suit their interests and values.
- Career counseling is a new concept in India, but it’s helpful to make the right decision about a career.
- In schools and colleges, you get the education that helps you in your career, but the professional life is different than your college life. So, its better to join summer jobs, some freelancing work or part-time job.
- These small jobs will teach you the basics of business and corporate word. The experience you will get from these jobs will help you in your professional life.
Identify What You Want
- First of all, you will have to identify what you want from a job, a stable career, travelling, or flexible timing. Based on your requirement, choose between business and employment. Both of them have their challenges.
- Based on your career choice, enroll in the education course. If you want to get an entry into your family business or have your own business, then MBA will suit you. For a job, choose a course based on your interest.
Make a List of Jobs
- When you write something on paper, things become more organized. So when you plan your career, write down the jobs that you want to take up.
- The occupation you will mention on the list can be based on your interests. Now try to narrow down the list based on your qualification and the things you have learnt so far.
- A list with two or three career paths will give you a clear idea about your career. If you have a dream job on your list and get it, you need some extra qualification, then don’t hesitate to enroll in it.
Write an Action Plan
- After narrowing down the list of careers, you want to pick for you, make an action plan. Here also the formula for writing the things that will help you to achieve success.
- In the action plan, you will have to start with the required qualification to get the job. You must have to set a period for you to make your dreams come true.
Upgrade Your Resume
- Once you get to know what kind of job you are looking for, you must contact the qualification to get it.
- For example, if you want to be a network engineer, you must get the basic knowledge of it and then upgrade your skills. You must be aware of the latest technology. IT will help you to get a better job and satisfaction at work front.
The Last Tip
Choosing the right career is difficult, but if you take the proper career counseling, follow your interest, then you will surely land upon a suitable career. For this, you will have to make the most out of the first year of your job. its better if you will set yearly career goals for yourself. In all this rat race to have a better career, high paying job, do not forget to get time for your hobbies.