The State Bank of India (SBI) has released SBI PO 2019 Notification on April 1, 2019 to recruit 2000 Probationary Officers (PO). The SBI PO registration process has started and the selection of candidates will based on three tiered selection process. The bank will post selected candidates as PO in SBI and its associate banks. The candidates selected will be posted anywhere in India.
Preliminary exam is the first stage that shortlists candidates for main exam. Those who clear main exam will be called for Group Exercises/Interview. Final selection of candidates will be based on merit, scroll down to know how the merit list is prepared.
Tentative Schedule of SBI PO 2019
- Online registration started April 2, 2019.
- The last date to submit the application form is April 2, 2019.
- Last date for the payment of application fee is April 22, 2019.
- Preliminary exam dates are 8th, 9th, 15th and 16th of June 2019.
- Result of preliminary exam will be available in 1st week of July 2019.
- Main exam will be conducted on July 20, 2019.
- Group Exercises and Interview to be held in September 2019.
- Final result will be declared on 2nd week of October 2019.
SBI PO 2019 – Application Fee
- The candidates belonging to General/EWS/OBC category will have to pay Rs. 750 as application fee.
- SC/ST/PWD candidates are required to pay only Rs. 125 as fee.
SBI will be filling 2000 PO positions through SBI PO Recruitment 2019. The category wise vacancy is mentioned below:
- General – 810
- OBC – 1280
- EWS – 200
- SC – 300
- ST – 150
- Backlog – 53
SBI PO 2019 – Eligibility
The candidates have to ensure that they fulfil the eligibility criteria i. e. educational qualification as on 31/08/2019 and Age as on 01.04.2019.
- The candidates should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university in India.
- Only those candidates are eligible to apply who are not below 21 years and not above 30 years in age. The candidates should have born not earlier than 01.04.1989 and not later than 01.04.1998 (both days are inclusive)
- Age relaxation will be given as per government rule.
- The bank arranges a pre-examination training for SC/ST and religious minority category candidates.
- Interested candidates have to indicate their interest by checking the relevant column while applying online.
The selection of candidates for SBI PO 2019 will be done through a three tiered process.
The prelims exam will of objective type in nature, will consists of 100 marks, divided into 3 sections that are mentioned below.
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Duration||Total Marks|
|English Language||30||20 minutes||100|
|Reasoning Ability||35||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 minutes|
SBI PO 2019 Prelim Exam Syllabus
The Prelim exam of SBI PO 2019 will include three sections, namely, English Language, Numerical Ability, Reasoning Ability.
|Reasoning Ability||Quantitative Aptitude||English Language|
|Logical Reasoning||Work & Time||Reading Comprehension|
|Data Sufficiency||Profit & Loss||Para jumbles|
|Seating Arrangement||Time & Distance||Cloze Test|
|Alphanumeric Series||Mixtures & Alligation||Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting|
|Inequality||Simplification||Fill in the blanks|
|Ranking/Direction/Alphabet Test||Simple Interest/Compound Interest/Surds & Indices||Paragraph Completion|
|Syllogism||Mensuration – Cone, Cylinder, Sphere|
|Coding-Decoding||Percentage, Ratio & Proportion|
|Input Output||Sequence & Series|
|Blood Relations||Probability/ Permutation, Combination &|
It will include an objective test for 200 marks and a descriptive test for 50 marks. Both the test will be held online. The descriptive test will be administered right after the completion of the objective test.
The objective and descriptive test are discussed below in detail.
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|General/Banking/Economic Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
The descriptive test is of 30 minutes for 50 marks. It is a test of English and includes two questions from Letter and Essay writing.
SBI PO 2019 Main Exam Syllabus
The Main Exam of SBI PO 2019 will include 4 sections that we already discussed above. The complete syllabus is discussed below:
|Radar Graph Caselet|
|Missing Case DI|
|Let it Case DI|
|Permutation and Combination|
|Circular Seating Arrangement|
|Linear Seating Arrangement|
|Directions and Distances|
|Ordering and Ranking|
|Coding and Decoding|
|Course of Action|
|Analytical and Decision Making|
|Fill in the blanks|
|General/Economic/ Banking Awareness|
|Banking and Financial Awareness|
|Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
Group Exercises (GE)/Interview
The GE/Interview accounts 50 marks, where 20 marks are for group exercises and 30 marks for interview. Only those candidates are eligible to appear who have cleared the Main exam. To be successful in banking interview, work on your confidence knowledge, current affairs, and banking industry updates.
Few Important Topics for SBI PO 2019 Group Discussion
- Women/Child Abuse
- Women Empowerment
- Impact of GST on Indian Economy
- Digital Payments in Making India Digital
- Global Warming
- Legalization of cryptocurrency
- Section 35AA gives power to RBI
- Reform of WMA (Ways and Means Advances) System
- Future of Blockchain
- Delhi Government’s Happiness Curriculum
- Banking and Insurance Sector Merger
- Aadhar and Right to Privacy
- Cashless Economy – Pros an Cons
- Pros and Cons of SBI Merger
- Misuse of Right to Freedom
- AI in banking
A separate merit list will be drawn for each category. For final selection only marks obtained in Main Exam and GE/Interview will be counted. The final list will include top merit ranked candidates from each category. This list will be made available on the bank’s website.
Number of Chances to Appear
Now, the SBI has limited the number of chances to appear for candidates. The maximum number of permissible attempts will be counted from the exam held on April 18, 2010. Appearing in preliminary exam will not be counted as a chance.
|Category||Maximum Permissible Chances to Appear|
|SC/ST, SC/ST (PWD)||No Restriction|
How to Apply
The only mode of application is online. Follow the steps to apply online.
- Visit the bank’s website or apply online for SBI PO 2019 using this link.
- To make correction in the form, final submission, and payment of fee, Click Here.
Other Useful Links
- To download the official notification for SBI PO 2019, Click Here.
- Candidates can visit the official website of the SBI by clicking here.
The Bottom Line
The article discusses complete details of SBI PO Recruitment 2019, including exam schedule, eligibility, exam pattern, syllabus, selection process and useful links. So, now when you have all the details in hand, don’t miss the last date to apply online.
Start your preparation as SBI PO is one of the most sought after exams for government job. If you have any question or need guidance, you can reach us through the comment section.