Join Indian Navy has invited online applications for unmarried male candidates for the Sailor Entry in SSR and AA August 2020 Batch. India Navy has is looking for candidates to be enrolled as sailors for Artificer Apprentice (AA) and Senior Secondary Recruits (SSR) for 500 and 2200 vacancies respectively in the Aug 2020 batch.
Indian Navy SSR/AA Recruitment 2020 Important Dates
- The Navy SSR / AA August 2020 Batch Online Form registration process started 8th November 2019.
- The end date to apply online is 18th November 2019.
- Candidates can make payment of exam fee by Nov 18, 2019.
- The Navy SSR / AA Exam is to be held in February 2020.
- Examination fee for candidates belonging to General / OBC categories is Rs. 205.
- Candidates belonging to SC / ST are exempted from payment of fee.
- Payment of examination fee can be done through Credit/ Debit Card, Net Banking only.
Eligibility for Navy SSR/AA August 2020 Batch Recruitment
- To be eligible for these posts candidates should be born between Aug 1, 2000 to Jul 31, 2003 (both dates inclusive).
- Educational Qualification for the posts of AA – Candidates should have passed 10+2 with minimum 60% marks with Physics & Maths and atleast on subject as Computer Science/Chemistry/Biology from a board of school recognized by MHRD, Government of India.
- Educational Qualification for posts of SSR – Candidates should have passed 10+2 with Physics & Maths and atleast one subject as Biology/Chemistry/Computer Science from a board recognized by MHRD, Government of India.
- For the post of AA – Selection of candidates will be based on all India order merit list of their performance in Computer based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- For the post of SSR – Selection of candidates will be based on State wise merit of their performance in Computer-based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
Navy SSR/AA August 2020 Batch Recruitment Exam Pattern
- One common examination will be conducted for both SSR and AA entries.
- The computer-based examination will consist of a total of 100 questions, where each mark will be carrying 01 mark.
- The question paper will be multiple choice objective type and bilingual (Hindi & English).
- The question paper will include four sections : Mathematics, English, General Knowledge and Science.
- The question paper will be based on 10+2 syllabus.
- Duration of exam will be of one hour.
- Candidates shall pass all the sections and in aggregate to be selected for the posts.
- The paper includes penalty for wrong answers, one-fourth of the marks allocated to that question will be deducted for wrong answer.
- The sample papers for the examination can be accessed from the website, www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- The Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is qualifying in nature and is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will comprise of 1.6 Km run to be completed by candidates in 7 minutes, with 20 squats (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups.
- Candidates who choose to undergo PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates selected in PFT will appear for Medical examination, which will be conducted by authorized military doctors according to the medical standard described in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- The candidates should have the minimum standard physical required mentioned on the website of Join Indian Navy. The height, weight and chest criteria should be met.
- The candidate must be in good mental and physical health, free from any defect that interferes in performing their duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions according to the Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. The conditions can be accessed from the Indian Navy’s recruitment website.
How to Apply for Indian Navy SSR/AA Recruitment 2020
- For the August 2020 batch entry candidates can only apply online throught official website, www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from Nov 8-18, 2019.
- Follow these steps to apply online for Navy SSR / AA August 2020 Batch Recruitment:
- Keep your metric certificate and 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference.
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your email id. Make sure to use valid email and phone number, as these will be used throughout the selection process.
- Login with your registered email ID and lick on “Current Opportunities”.
- Now click on “Apply.” or use the link to apply online.
- Fill the application form with all the required information.
- Before submitting the form ensure that all the details are correct, all the required documents are scanned in original & uploaded in the right format
- Candidates should know that the online applications are checked for eligibility and can be rejected at any stage, if found ineligibility at any stage of selection.
Wrapping it Up
Online applications for Navy SSR / AA August 2020 Batch Recruitment are invited till 18th November 2019. The online registration process started Nov 8, 2019, all the important information is discussed on this page including dates, eligibility, selection process and exam pattern. Interested candidates are advised to read the Navy SSR / AA August 2020 Batch Notification before applying online. If you have a question, write it to us in the comment section below, we shall revert.