Online applications are invited from eligible unmarried male candidates for enrollment as sailors with Indian Navy for 400 vacant positions for Matric Recruit (MR) – April 2020 batch.
Schedule of Dates
- The application process starts 26th July 2019.
- The last date to apply online is 1st August 2019.
- Not all candidates except applicants belonging to SC/ST categories are exempted from payment of fee. They are required to pay a fee of Rs. 205.
- The payment of fees can be made through online mode by by using Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI or using net banking.
- Admit Card will be issued for those who will successfully submit their application and examination fee.
Indian Navy Sailor Merit Recruit Eligibility Conditions
- To apply for the Indian Navy Sailor MR applicants must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Boards of School Education recognized by MHRD, Government of India.
- Chef – Their duties include preparing food as per menu (both veg and non-veg including handling of meat products) and ration accounting. They will also have to handle other duties as per service requirement.
- Steward – Their duties will include serving food in the officers’ messes, as waiters, housekeeping, will be handling accounting of funds, wine & stores, menu preparation etc. Also they will be allotted other duties as per service requirement.
- Hygienist – Their job will including cleaning washroom, shower spaces and other areas. Other duties will also be allocated to them as per service requirement.
- Candidates should be born between 1st April 2000 to 31st March 2003, here both dates are inclusive.
- Candidates will receive a stipend of Rs. 14,600 per month during the initial training period. On successful completion of initial training, they will fall in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix i.e. Rs. 21,700 to Rs. 69,100. Additionally they will also be paid DA and MSP.
Selection of candidates is done based on the State wise merit of applicant’s performance in Computer-based Test (CBT), subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test and Medical Examinations.
- The question paper will include a total of 50 questions of 1 mark each.
- The question paper will be objective type, with multiple choice answers and will be bilingual (Hindi & English).
- The CBT test will comprise of two sections; Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge (GK).
- The question paper standard will be based on class 10th syllabus. The sample papers for the examination preparation are available on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- The duration for the CBT will be 30 minutes. The candidates should have to pass in all sections and in aggregate to be selected. The right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate is reserved with the Navy.
- Negative marking will be done for wrong answers, one fourth (0.25) of the marks allocated to that question will be deducted as wrong answer penalty.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Applicants have to qualify the mandatory Physical Fitness Test (PFT) for selection.
- PFT will include 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups and 10 Push-ups.
The candidates should come out fit in the medical examination to be selected for the sailor position.
The candidates should know that there is no reservation of vacancies for the candidates belonging to SC/ ST category. They are only entitled to waiver of application fee.
How To Apply
Candidates can apply Online, no other mode of application submission is acceptable. They need to visit the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on or before August 1, 2019. Follow the below steps:-
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in using your e-mail, if not registered already. Also keep your matric certificate & mark sheet ready for reference.
- Log-in with the registered email and click on “Current Opportunities” and click on “Apply”.
- Fill up the complete form, but make sure all the details are correct before hitting the “Submit” button.
- Applicants who will submit the application on the end date of application submission, will get one extra day for making fee payment.
The training for the course will start in April 2020, which will include 15 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the trade allocated to the candidate, in various Naval Training Establishments. The candidates will be given branch/trade as per the requirement of Service.
The Bottom Line
Now you know that Indian Navy inviting online applications from unmarried male candidates for enrollment as sailors for approx. 400 vacancies for Metric Recruit (MR) April 2020 batch. Apply online on or before the closing date of application submission. Applicants who seeking a career in Navy must apply as this job not just offers a good salary, but also several job perquisites including post-retirement benefits. In case you have a question write it in the comment box below.