Online applications are invited by Indian Navy from ITI qualified candidates for Apprenticeship Training in various trades. The recruitment is for training year 2020-2021 batch. Those who want a government job must check the eligibility for Naval Dockyard Trade Apprentice Recruitment 2019.
Read on to know the details.
- The last date for online application submission is 5th Dec 2019.
- The end date for offline application submission is 12th December 2019.
- The offline applications should be forwarded to the address “The Officer-inCharge (for Apprenticeship), Naval Dockyard Apprentices School, VM Naval Base S.O., P.O., Visakhapatnam – 530 014, Andhra Pradesh” before the end date.
- Both online and offline application submission is mandatory for consideration of candidature of the candidate for the recruitment.
- Written exam for selection will be conducted on 29th Jan 2020.
- Written test result will be declared on 31st Jan 2020.
- Interview for selected candidates will be conducted from 3rd to 6th February 2020.
- Medical examination of selected candidates will be conducted between 4-15 February 2020.
- The date of commencement of training is April 1, 2020.
There is no application fee for all category candidates. You are required to fill the form and appear for the exam and other stages of the selection process based on qualifying the stages.
Naval Dockyard Trade Apprentice 2019 Interview Dates for various trades
- For the trades Instrument Mechanic, Electronics Mechanic and Electrician, interview will be held on Feb 3, 2020.
- For Crapenter, Welder (Gas & Electric), Painter (General) and Sheet Metal worker trade, interview will be conducted on 4th Feb 2020.
- For Pipe Fitter, Foundryman, and Machinist trade, interview will be on 6th Feb 2020.
- For Fitter, Mechanic (Diesel), R & AC Mechanic trade, interview is to be held on Feb 5, 2020.
- General/OBC category candidates – Candidates should be born between 01 Apr 1999 to 01 Apr 2006.
- SC/ST category candidates – 01 Apr 1994 to 01 Apr 2006
- Son/ Daughter of Naval Civilian/ Defence Employee – They will get 2 years relaxation in the upper age limit.
- Candidates are required to be SSC/Matric/ 10th Standard pass with minimum 50% marks as aggregate and ITI (SCVT/NCVT) in relevant trades with a minimum aggregate of 60%.
Naval Dockyard Apprentice Vacancies based on Designated Trades
The total number of vacancies for Naval Dockyard Trade Apprentice Recruitment 2019 are 275. To know the category wise vacancies, read Naval Dockyard Trade Apprentice Notification 2019.
- Electronics Mechanic – 32
- Electrician – 29
- Fitter – 29
- Sheet Metal Worker – 29
- Carpenter – 23
- Welder (Gas & Electric) -23
- Pipe Fitter – 21
- Machinist – 19
- R & A/C Mechanic – 19
- Painter (General) – 15
- Instrument Mechanic – 15
- Mechanic (Diesel) – 14
- Foundryman – 7
Selection Process for Naval Dockyard Trade Apprentice
- The selection of candidates will be based on written exam, interview and medical examination.
- The written exam would be objective type comprising of 50 questions, including 20 questions of Mathematics, 20 of General Science and 10 questions of General Knowledge.
- Each question will carry one and a half marks.
- Candidates who will qualify the written exam shall be called for interview. At this stage technical skills of the candidates will be checked.
- Candidates selected in interview would have to undergo medical examination.
How to Apply for Apprenticeship
- Candidates are required to register their candidature at www.apprenticeship.gov.in.
- On completion of online registration, candidates should apply online for Apprenticeship Training at Naval Dockyard, Andhra Pradesh.
- For more details read the notification released and follow instructions for applying online for apprentice posts.
Wrapping It Up
Now that you know the last date for online and offline application submission are 5th and 12th Dec, 2019 respectively, don’t forget to apply for them. Before applying you must ascertain your eligibility. Naval Dockyard Trade Apprentice Recruitment 2019 is discussed above. For any doubts, visit the apprenticeship website (link shared above). Feel free to drop your questions in the comment section below, we shall revert.