IOCL has total of 64 vacancies, divided region wise like for western pipeline or eastern pipeline. The vacancies in IOCL for trade apprentices can also be segregated sates wise. Here are the sate wise vacancy details;
- Madhya Pradesh – 12 Posts
- Bihar – 24 Posts
- Jharkhand – 12 Posts
- Telangana – 4 Posts
- Andhra Pradesh – 4 Posts
- Tamilnadu – 8 Post
All these vacancies are available for Mechanical, Electrical and Civil trade. In Mechanical trades 32 posts are vacant and in Electrical and civil trade 16 posts are vacant in each trade.
Eligibility Criteria for Apprentice Posts
- Age of the applicant should be 18 to 24 years to apply for the apprentice post in IOCL. SC/ST candidates will bet the relaxation of 5 years and OBC candidates will get the relaxation of 3 years in the upper limit of age.
- To apply for Technician Apprentice Mechanical, the applicant must have completed Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration/10+2) full-time Diploma either in Mechanical Engineering or in Automobile Engineering.
- To apply for the Electrical Apprentice vacancies the applicant must have done Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration/10+2) full-time Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- For the vacancy of civil apprentice, the required qualification is a full-time diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
- Candidates from general category with a minimum 50% of marks in any of the aforementioned diploma can apply for the apprentice vacancies in IOCL.
- Candidates from f SC/ST and PWD category can apply even if they scored 45% marks in diploma.
The selected apprentice will be paid a monthly consolidated stipend 90 % of the minimum wages of the semi-skilled workers as per the state or central government rules (which one is higher). Apprentice will also get an additional amount of Rs. 2500/- towards Stationery, Conveyance & Miscellaneous expenses.
How to Apply
If you fit into the eligibility criteria set by IOCL for the technical apprentice posts in various states then you can apply for it online.
- Applicants will have to register first on Board of Apprenticeship Training (BOAT) in their portal National Apprenticeship Training Scheme (NATS) under the Ministry of Human Resource Development. A link for the registration has been given below in this article. Applicants will get a registration number and with that number, they can apply for the aforementioned posts.
- Navigate to the official website of IOCL and log in there with the registration number to fill the application form.
- Eligible candidates will have to upload their scanned photograph, signature and furnish educational qualification, experience details, etc. on the online application form and submit it.
- Selection of the right candidates will be done on the basis of written test.
- The test will have 100 MCQs. Out of them, 75 questions shall be from the concerned discipline of Diploma level and about 25 questions on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge, etc.
- Applicants will get 120 minutes to solve these 100 questions for 100 marks.
- To get selected on the post of Technical Apprentice post in IOCL it is mandatory for the general category candidate to score 40% marks. Candidates from reserved category will be relaxed by 5% marks.
- Applicants will take on board on the basis of merit list of written test.
- To read all the official notification from IOCL for Technical Apprentice post, click here.
- For registration in BOAT, click here.
- To apply online for the post of Apprentice in IOCL, click here.
The Bottom Line
In this post, we have included all the essential information about IOCL Recruitment 2019 for Apprentice. If you are eligible to apply for this post then read the official notification to get more information in details about this recruitment. In case of any query related to this or any other government job, feel free to write to us in the comment box below.