Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) invited online applications for 10+2 Cadet Entry Under NDA first phase recruitment 2020. The candidates will be selected for National Defence Academy (NDA) in Indian Army, Air Force, Navy Wing and Naval Academy. The last date for application submission was 28th January 2020. The NDA 1 exam is to be held on 19th April 2020. Candidates will be able to download the admit cards in the first week of April 2020.
Only one month is left in the final exam, so you need to be well prepared to get selected. Scroll down to know how you can utilize one month for exam preparation.
NDA Exam Pattern 2020
It is important for candidates to know the exam pattern for the NDA 2020 examination. Below discussed is the same.
- UPSC NDA 1 exam 2020 will be conducted in offline mode only.
- The question paper will be in both Hindi and English Language.
- For selection of candidates, General Ability Test (GAT) and Mathematics paper will be conducted. Each exam will be for a duration of 150 minutes.
- The written examination will be conducted for 900 marks, where GAT will be for 600 marks and Mathematics will be for 300 marks.
- The candidates selected in written exam will be called for SSB Interview.
Best Books For NDA 1 Exam 2020
- Pathfinder NDA/NA National Defence Academy & Naval Academy Entrance Examination 2019
- SSB Interview: The Complete Guide
- 5000+ Most Expected MCQs (English)
- NDA/ NA 14 years English & General Knowledge Topic-wise Solved Papers (2006 – 2019)
- NDA/ NA 14 years Mathematics Topic-wise Solved Papers (2006 – 2019)
How To Prepare for NDA 1 Exam 2020
NDA NA 2020 General Ability Test Preparation Tips
GAT paper will consist if two sections, General Knowledge and English.
- English section is considered easy to score. Practice comprehension section and vocabulary to score good.
- General Knowledge section includes current affairs mostly, as you have less time to read the newspaper to cover previous events, follow Current Affairs section on Opennaukri to cover that.
- Practice sample papers and previous year papers.
NDA NA 2020 Mathematics Preparation Tips
The Mathematics questions asked in NDA exam are mostly based on Maths of class 11th and 12th, so we advise candidates to use NCERT for preparation.
- Sharpen your basic if your basic concepts are clear it wouldn’t be tough for you to solve questions.
- Focus on section that are of more weightage.
- Solve previous year papers and appear for mock test.
- Practice for accuracy and speed, as both are important for the exam.
- As you have just a month left for the exam, so focus on important part only.
NDA SSB Interview Tips
Candidates shortlisted in the written exam are called for NDA SSB Interview Round. Follow the below tips to stay confident in your SSB interview.
- Interview round is to check your qualities to be an officer, as well as your confidence and personality.
- During the interview give correct answers for all the questions asked.
- Take online mock interviews to practice for the round.
- The most important things is to believe in your abilities and be confident.
NDA is an exam targeted by 10+2 candidates for a successful career. It not just give you an amazing career but also the feeling of pride. If you want to serve the country, NDA is one of the best ways to get into such service. For those looking for govt jobs in India, NDA could be an option. Candidates are selected based on their performance in written exam and interview. However, final selection is made based on the interview round.
Follow the preparation strategies discussed above and go confident. We wish you all the luck!