Teaching is a highly influential career, which inspires students and guides them toward the correct career path. If you love spending time with children, have a passion for teaching, or have a desire to impart knowledge to others. Teaching is the best career option for you.
If you feel that teaching is the best way to create knowledgeable youth for tomorrow, you should take your first step towards this career.
Role of a Teacher
Good teachers are able to bring the best out from every student by guiding them to develop their curiosity and interest in a particular thing, while molding their interest in a positive way.
A teacher should always be able to maintain a healthy student-teacher relationship. They should also know the important of this healthy relation.
Also, if you are looking for govt jobs in India, then teaching could be an option. Read on to know why to choose teaching as a career, what qualities you need to become a teacher and how to start career as a teacher. Teaching opportunities are available in both private and public sector.
Scroll down to know more on this.
When to Choose Teaching as a Career
- If you think teachings is easy, then you need to understand the real challenges associated with teaching. To be a good teacher you need to analyze your interest in working with children.
- If you are passionate about teaching, you need to understand which age group students can be handled by you with all comfort.
- You are aware of your teaching style and comfort level with the kids. Once you know this, you know which school level to join, elementary or secondary.
- Remember that not all teachers can teach students of different age groups. Some are good at teaching primary level, while some are good with secondary classes.
- Like all other careers, learning is a never ending process in this career too. This career also demands your time and hard work.
What You Need to Become a Teacher
- You need to have passed either TET, CTET or any other similar exam to become a teacher.
- You have done a teaching certification, diploma, or any equivalent exam.
- You have experience of working as a teacher. Remember each school and state has its specific requirements for teacher recruitment. Some schools can hire you as a teacher with bachelor’s degree, while some will need you to have teaching experience.
Starting Career as Teacher’s Assistant
If you want to become a teacher, and you are an undergraduate, it’s good to start your career as a teacher’s assistant. Later, you can become a substitute teacher. This will not only help improve your teaching skills, but will also enhance the value of your resume.
The other way to find a teaching opportunity is to explore teaching jobs on job portals. You might find a suitable job for you. You can also take help of college counselling centers to find a teaching position.
Teaching is Not Easy
Teaching looks easy, but it is not easy at all. It is one of the most difficult and influential career. And the other thing is that not everyone can become a teacher. It becomes even more challenging when you start working with a school which is not well-funded.
When Teaching is Not Your Cup of Tea
- When you don’t understand the student psychology, you can’t become a good teacher.
- When you don’t know how you can help a student to grow.
- When you are not passionate about teaching.
- When you want to become a teacher with a sole purpose to earn money.
What are the Career Options for Teachers?
- Art Colleges and Music Academics
- Government Schools.
- Public Schools.
- Private Schools.
- Private/Online Tutor.
- Working as a teacher with career coaching institutes.
- Municipality/State Government Schools.
- Working with Colleges and Universities.
The Bottom Line
This article definitely is an interesting read for teaching aspirants. It discusses how a teacher holds a strong position in making a child’s future, how a teacher can help them expand their learning potential.
Those who still want to become a teacher, be prepared to deal with the different learning styles of students. The best part of this career is that a slow economy cannot impact it, as there will always be some people willing to learn new things.
Hope the article is successful in showing you how you can make a strong position in this field, for a safe, secure and satisfying job.
Stay tuned for more!