The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a notification for Combined Medical Services Examination 2019. Interested candidates who are applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil both educational and age eligibility set by UPSC.
Important Dates for UPSC CMS Examination 2019
- Candidates can fill the online application up to May 6, 2019, till 6 PM.
- Candidates can withdraw applications between May 13-20, 2019 till 6 PM.
- Exam to be held on July 21, 2019.
- E-admit cards will be made available three weeks before the exam, on the official website of UPSC.
- Female/SC/ST/PwBD candidates are exempted from payment of application fee.
- Application fee for all other candidates is Rs. 200.
- Payment of fee can be made through cash mode or online.
- The “Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated a day before the closing date.
UPSC CMS Examination 2019 – Eligibility
- The candidates should not have attained the age of 32 years as on August 1, 2019 to be eligible for the exam.
- Upper age relaxation will be given as per Government rules.
- To appear in the examination a candidate is required to have passed both the written and practical stages of the final M.B.B.S Examination.
- Candidates who have appeared or have to appear in the final M.B.B.S Examination can also apply.
- Candidates who still have to complete their compulsory rotating internship are eligible to appear for the exam, but they will be appointed only after completing of the compulsory rotating internship.
Scheme of Exam and Selection Process
The UPSC CMS Examination 2019 will be conducted in two-stage, Computer Based Examination (CBE) and Personality Test.
- The CBE will include two papers, each for 2 hours in duration carrying 250 marks.
- Both the papers will be objective type in nature.
- The maximum marks a candidate can score in CBE are 500.
- The performance of the candidate in CBE will make him eligible for the Personality test.
- The personality test will carry 100 marks.
- This will serve as a supplement to the CBE to test candidate’s academic knowledge and the GK.
- Here candidate’s alertness of mind, the capability of leadership, intellectual curiosity, the integrity of character, critical power of assimilation, the ability of social cohesion and balance of judgement will be tested.
Penalty for Wrong Answers
- Negative marking will be done for all the wrong answers marked by the candidates in objective type papers.
Availability of Demo-Module
- A demo module for CBE will be made available on the official website of UPSC at the time of availability of the e-Admit card.
The selection of candidates for Personality test will be based on their performance in CBE. The final selection will be based on the marks obtained by candidates in the personality test.
How to Apply for UPSC CMS Examination 2019
- Visit the official website of UPSC, https://upsc.gov.in/.
- Click on “Combined Medical Services Examination, 2019” under the Examination section on the homepage to know complete details of the exam.
- To download the official notification, click here.
- To apply online, click on https://upsconline.nic.in.
- Candidates should submit an only a single application for UPSC CMS Examination 2019.
The Bottom Line
The article includes all the important details related to UPSC Combined Medical Services Examination 2019. Topics include exam date, eligibility, application fee, exam scheme and selection process. Interested and eligible candidates should apply online before the end date. If you have a question, write it in the comment box below.