UPSC has released notification for CDS Exam 2020, for which applications are invited from eligible candidates. There admission at all the stages of the exam will be totally provisional subject to satisfying the eligibility conditions for the UPSC CDS II recruitment. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents will be for candidates who are shortlisted for interview/Personality Test.
Let’s take a look at other important details.
- Application process for UPSC CDS II Recruitment 2020 started from August 5, 2020.
- Candidates can apply online on or before 25th August 2020 upto 6:00 PM.
- The end date for completion of form is August 25, 2020.
- Exam to be held on November 8, 2020.
- Admit cards will be released on October 2020.
To apply for UPSC CDS II 2020 exam candidates have to pay an application fee.
- General / OBC candidates have to pay Rs. 200 as application fee.
- The candidates belonging to SC / ST and female candidates are exempted from payment of fee.
- Candidates can pay the examination fee through Debit Card / Credit Card / Net Banking or through E Challan.
As per the official notification:
- For IMA –Unmarried male candidates born not before 2nd July, 1997 and not after 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Unmarried male candidates born not before 2nd July, 1997 and not after 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy – Candidates should be 20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2021, which means not before 2nd July, 1997 and not after 1st July, 2001 (candidates holding valid and current 7 Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) will get upper age relaxation of upto 26 years that is they must not be born before 2nd July, 1995 and not after 1st July, 2001) only are eligible.
- Applicants below 25 years must be unmarried, marriage is not permitted during training.
- Married candidates more than 25 years of age can apply but they will not be given any accommodation during training period nor they will be allowed to live with their family out of the premises.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates who are born not before 2nd July, 1996 and not after 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
- For Officers’ Training Academy – (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) only unmarried women, ssueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried, and issueless widows who have not remarried are eligible. The candidates should be born not before 2nd July, 1996 and not after 1st July, 2002.
- Male divorcee/widower candidates will not be considered as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in AFA/IMA/INA/OTA, Chennai courses and thus are not eligible for these courses.
- For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai – Candidates must have Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy – Candidates are required to have Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- For Air Force Academy – Candidates should have Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics as subjects at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
- Graduates with first choice as Air Force/ Navy/ Army should submit the proof of Graduation/provisional certificates on the date of start of the SSB Interview at the SSB.
- Candidates in their final year/semester Degree course and are waiting for degree examination are eligible to apply provided they should not have any present backlog upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared upto the application submission time.
Women candidates are considered only for Short Service Commission at OTA. They must indicate OTA as their only choice.
NCC ‘C’ Certificate Candidates
- NCC ‘C’ Certificate (Army Wing (Senior Division)/ Air Wing/Naval Wing) holders can apply for Short Service Commission Course but there is no reservation of vacancies for them in this course.
- All NCC ‘C’ candidates will be treated as general candidates for the purpose of filling up vacancies in this course.
- For more details on eligibility – Read UPSC CDS II Notification 2020.
- Candidates should visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for Medical Standards and Procedure of Medical Examination of Officers’ Entry into Army as applicable.
- Candidates should visit www.joinindiannavy.gov.in for Medical Standards and Procedure of Medical Examination of Officers’ Entry into Navy as applicable.
- Candidates should be visit www.careerindianairforce.cdac.in for Medical Standards and Procedure of Medical Examination of Officers’ Entry into Air Force as applicable.
- Candidates will be selected based on their performance in written examination and personality test/ Interview.
- For admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Air Force Academy and Indian Naval Academy candidates have to give written exam of English, Elementary Mathematics and General Knowledge. Each section will be of 100 marks and of each 2 hours of duration.
- For admission to Officer’s Training Academy, candidates have to give written exam of English and General Knowledge of 100 marks each for each duration of 2 hours.
- The papers in all subjects will consists of objective type questions.
All important details on CDS II online form 2020 are discussed along with all the necessary web links. We encourage candidates to visit the website of UPSC to know more details. Candidates can directly apply using this apply online link but must ascertain their eligibility before apply online.
We wish you all the luck!