Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Combined Defence Services (CDS), which enables government job participants to get employed with:
1. Air Force Academy located at Begumpet in Hyderabad.
2. Naval Academy located in Goa.
3. Indian Military Academy (IMA) located in Dehradun.
4. Officers Training Academy (OTA) located in Chennai, for Indian Army short-service commission
To get posted with Indian defence sector, candidates need to clear CDS exam, which is followed by a medical test and a personal interview. The CDS exam includes objective type questions, to tests candidates’ Elementary mathematics, English language, and General Awareness ability.
Candidates need to understand the exam syllabus and difficulty level of the Civil Defence exam to score above the set cut-off. The competition for every government exam is getting intense, so a smart preparation is key to success.
How to tips for exam preparation:
• Use previous exam papers to get familiar with the difficulty level. Doing this will help make better study schedule.
• Read English newspaper daily. This will improves your General awareness and English language.
• Read current affairs magazines, use Opennaukri for e-study.
• Practice as much as you can.
• Prepare yourself physically and mentally
• Train your mind to think clearly, rationally, and logically
• Gain knowledge on national and international issues
• Understand the life of an army officer
The candidates who clear written exam are eligible for the Intelligence and Personality test conducted by the Services Selection Board (SSB). This test judges candidates’ intelligence, personality, and the ability to become an Indian Defence Force officer.
If you dream of working as an army officer and love the nation more than anything in this world. Defence sector is for you, and it is the most respected government sector, because you get a chance to serve the motherland.
Dream big, fly high, and be confident. All the best!