Indian Army is the largest unit of Indian Armed Force and offers the most renowned job that one can have. The dream of most of the youngsters is to join Indian Army and serve the nation. It is the place where you can get prestige, honor, devotion and proudly sacrifice your life for the nation when needed.
Recently Indian Army has released a job notification for various post recruitment. Those candidates who wants to make a career in Indian Army, scroll down to check their eligibility before applying online.
- The online application process has begun from 22 February 2020.
- Closing date for submitting application form is 6 April 2020.
- The online application registration is compulsory for all the candidates.
- Eligible candidates will get admit card on their registered mail id from 06/04/2020 to 13/04/2020.
- The rally for eligible candidates will be conducted from 22/04/2020 to 28/04/2020 at Uditnagar ground, Rourkela.
Vacancies & Eligibility Criteria
Soldier General Duty (IDG)
- Applicants should be 17 ½ to 21 years in age i.e. not born before 01/10/1999 and not after 01/04/2003 (both dates inclusive)
- Candidates should have passed Class 10th/Matric exam with 33% in each subject and a total aggregate of 45% from a recognized board in India.
- Applicants who have passed from boards following grading system, must have minimum D grade (33-40) in each subjects or grade which contain 33% with total aggregate of C2 grade.
- For Physical QR, Candidates minimum height should be 169 cm, weight 50 kg and chest 77 cm (+5 expansion).
- Candidates age should be 17 ½ to 23 years, that means they should be born between 01/10/1997 to 01/04/2003 (both dates inclusive).
- Applicant should have passed Class 10+2 exam in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as subjects, with overall aggregate of 50% and 40% in each subject.
- Candidate minimum height should be 169 cm, weight 50 kg and chest 77 cm (+5 expansion) in physical QR.
Soldier Nursing Assistant/Nursing Assistant Veterinary
- The age of candidates should be 17 ½ to 23 years with born dates 01/10/1997 to 01/04/2003 (both dates inclusive).
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 exam in Science stream with subjects: Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Zoology and English, with minimum 50% aggregate and at least 40% marks in every subject.
- For Physical QR, the minimum height of candidates should be 169 cm, weight 50 kg and chest 77 cm (+5 expansion)
Soldier Clerk/Storekeeper Technical/Inventory Management
- Candidates age should not less than 17 ½ and more than 23 years with born dates in between 01/10/1997 to 01/04/2003 (both dates inclusive).
- Should have passed 10+2 exam in any background (Science, Commerce or Arts) with total 60% marks in aggregate and 50% in individual subject and those who passed Class 12th from Commerce stream should have 50% marks in English, Mathematics / Accounts Bookkeeping.
- For this post, the candidate’s minimum height should be 162 cm, weight 50 kg and chest 77(+5 expansion) in physical QR.
Soldier Tradesman (All Arms) – 10th Pass
- The age of candidates should be in between 17 ½ to 23 years with born dates in between 01/10/1997 to 01/04/2003 (both dates inclusive).
- Candidates should have passed class 10th/Matric from a recognized board in India.
- There is no stipulation in overall percentage, but candidates must have secured 33% in every subject.
- For Physical QR, the minimum height of applicant should be 169 cm, weight 48 kg and chest 76 cm (+5 expansion).
Soldier Tradesman (All Arms) – 8th Pass
- Candidate age should be in between w 17 ½ to 23 years with born dates not before 01/10/1997 and not after 01/04/2003 (both dates inclusive).
- Should have passed Class 8th from a recognized board in India.
- There is no such aggregate percentage required but candidates should have secured 33% marks in each subject.
- For Physical QR, minimum height of candidates should be 169 cm, weight 49 kg and chest 76 cm (+5 expansion).
Along with this there are some special physical standards applicable for some categories, read below for detailed description:
- The minimum height for Gorkhalis (Nepalise & Indians) is 167 cm, weight of the applicant should be 48 kg and chest should be 77 cm.
- Minimum height of Applicants from Tribal areas is 167 cm, weight should not more than 48 kgs and chest should be 77 cm.
- Minimum physical standards relaxation is applicable for some applicants from different category. Detailed information about it has been given in the official notification.
NOTE: Applicants who have Education certificate affiliated/listed by CBSE, AICTE, COBSE and NIOS education board will be considered.
The selection of the candidates will be done after qualifying physical fitness test.
- The Physical fitness test will be held at the rally site only.
- For following categories, candidates only have to qualify Physical Fitness Test. Read below the name of those categories:
- Soldier Technical
- Solider Nursing Assistant, Nursing Assistant Veterinary.
- Soldier Clerk/Storekeeper Technical/Inventory Management.
- In physical fitness test, applicants have to qualify 9 feet ditch and zig-zag balance.
- In Group- I, candidates have to qualify 1.6 km running in 5 min 30 sec for 60 marks and 10-9 pull ups for 33 to 40 marks.
- The Group- II candidates have to complete 1.6 km running in 5 min 31 sec to 5 min 45 sec for 48 marks and 8-6 pull ups for 21-16 marks.
- The Physical measurement of the candidates will also be checked at rally site.
- After completing physical fitness test, shortlisted candidates will go for medical test.
- Once qualifying medical test, candidates will go for written test.
- Written tests will be conducted for only medically fit candidates through Common Entrance Exam (CCE). Location, Date and time of written test will be intimated at rally site and through Admit Cards. Admit card for the CEE for the Rally Fit candidates will be issued at Rally Site itself.
The Bottom Line
As we have discussed all the crucial details for Indian Army Recruitment 2020, you can check your eligibility for the same. Those candidates interested can check their eligibility before applying. You can check Indian Army official website in case of any further clarifications. To know more latest government jobs, stay up to date on general awareness, keep visiting us.