Indian army is inviting the applications from the unmarried male and female law graduates for Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Branch. In short service commission, the army granted job for 14 years which can be extended up to 10 years initially and 04 years for a further period.
Indian army is accepting the application online from interested and eligible candidates. Any offline applicant sent via any mode will not be accepted by the army for the recruitment in Judge Advocate General Branch. If you are a Law Graduate then joining army through JAG Entry scheme Recruitment 2019 gives you a golden opportunity to join one of the most professorial armies in the world.
Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme Recruitment 2019 from this post.
According to the notification released by the Indian army, there are 05 vacant posts for unmarried men and 03 vacancies are available for unmarried women.
- To apply for the aforementioned post the applicant must be a citizen of India, a subject of Bhutan or Nepal or migrated from countries like Burma, Sri Lanka, and others.
- Age of the applicant should be 21 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2020. So accordingly the candidate must be born not earlier than 02 Jan 93 and not later than 01 Jan 99 (both dates inclusive).
- Candidate must have done LLB from a Law college recognized by Bar Council of India.
- Applicant must have scored minimum 55% marks in LLB (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). Along with this, the applicant must be eligible for registration as an advocate with Bar Council of India/State.
- Candidates must be physically and mentally fit to apply for Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme Recruitment 2019 and he/she should also fulfill the physical and medical standard set by the army for the aforementioned posts.
- Online Application Submission Process started on 16 July 2019
- The last date to apply for Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme Recruitment 2019 is 14 August 2019
How to Apply
If you fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned aloft about the Indian Army JAG Entry Scheme Recruitment 2019 then you can apply online for the vacant posts mentioned above. To apply for the Indian Army, you will have to follow the below-given instructions;
- To apply for the vacant posts mentioned above, you will have to visit the official website for recruitment in the army; www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on `Apply/Login’ first and then click `Registration’.
- Fill the registration form with correct information and click on the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Now a new page will appear confirming your eligibility to apply here and reach to another page to fill the ‘Application Form’.
- Fill the application form and take 2 print outs of it. One of its copy duly signed and self-attested, photograph affixed will be carried to the Selection Centre for SSB. Keep another copy for your reference.
Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) will shortlist the candidates from the online applications. Shortlisted candidates will get an e-mail to inform them about the allotted center. Now the applicant will have to loin in the recruitment portal and chose a suitable SSB Date.
Candidates will have to reach to the allotted SSB center to appear in Stage I and Stage II selection procedure.
After clearing both of the stages the candidates will be sent for medical examination and medically fit candidates will be taken on board by the Indian Army.
Selected candidates will be on training for 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai. During the training period, the trainees will not be allowed to marry. All the cost of training will be bear by the government. In case the cadet is withdrawn from training due to any reason not beyond his/her control, he/she will be liable to refund the cost of training @ Rs. 11,067/- per week till Sep 2019. Cadets will be entitled to get Rs 56,100/-p.m. (Starting pay in Level 10) as stipend during training.
- To read the official notification released by the Indian Army for JAG Entry Scheme Recruitment 2019, click here.
- To apply online for the vacant post in JAG entry scheme, click here.
The Bottom Line
Here we have compiled all the information that you need to know before making up your mind to apply for Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Branch. You are advised to read the official notification too if you find this vacancy suitable for you. In case of any doubt or query, you can also write to us in the comment box below.