What exactly is early childhood education? Why is it important? and how parent’s can deal with it?
The influence of education on kids is more powerful than the influence of any other thing. The early childhood education plays a key role in determining the attitude of children.
Many kids find it easy to pass the physical, emotional, and academic criteria from birth to second or third grade in school. However, there are some children who face difficulties in moving from preschool to 3rd grade. This is the difference that comes from early childhood education that not all parents care about.
So here, I will be discussing what early childhood education is, why it is important and how parent’s can be perfect guides for the kids. Read on to know!
- What is Early Childhood Education?
- Benefits of Early Childhood Education
- Awareness of motor abilities
- Ability to learn
- Physical and mental development
Without any further ado, let’s jump in!
What is Early Childhood Education?
Early childhood education should be a prime concern for parents, this is the time when brain development takes place in children. However, the majority of brain neurons are developed between birth to 3 years, making it a vital period to help children learn new things.
Early childhood education is the period from child birth to the time a child reaches 2nd or 3rd grade i.e. when the kid is around 8 years in age. Those who think that the early childhood education is from birth through preschool or kindergarten, you are wrong, they must know that it is from birth to 8 years.
Benefits of Early Childhood Education
There are several benefits associated with early childhood education that parents must now. Early childhood education has the power to bring positive changes in the children which include improvement in existing and development of new abilities.
Let’s take a deep dive…
Awareness of Motor Abilities
- Early childhood education is important because it helps children in understanding their motor abilities.
- Being aware about their motor abilities will help improve the intelligence abilities of your kid.
- Early education brings in the power of imagination and lays the foundation of the child’s future success.
- The first learning of child is from the environment they live in, they not just get interpersonal skills from here but also they learn the way to interact with the world.
Ability to Learn
- Kids develop their ability to learn from the early childhood education, it being their first step towards learning and successful future.
- Parents play a great role here, as kids are curious by nature, they learn and adapt quickly to what they hear and see happening around them.
- To help kids learn positive things, parents need to make sure that they hear and see good things around them.
- Kids usually learn to communicate from the people around them. Early education thus becomes an important way to improve your kids way of communicating with the world.
- With early childhood education, your kids will learn the basic communication skills right from the childhood, which will make it easy for them to express themselves to others.
- The ability to communicate is vital for all, but if taken care from early childhood, it will prepare kids for a brighter future.
Physical and Mental Development
- Kids from their birth to the time they reach 3rd grade need parent’s attention and time the most. In today’s busy work life parents find it difficult to give the needed time to their kids, but early childhood education is vital, equally important is parent’s interaction with kids.
- Early education when handled well by parents can help in kids’ physical and mental development.
- Early childhood education is not limited to ABCD.. it is much more than that, as we have already discussed above.
- Early childhood education also highlights the importance of recreational activities and sports for children.
- It is rightly said that ‘a healthy body leads to a healthy mind’ so early education should also emphasis on the physical and mental health of your kid. It also helps to ensure that the kid is fit in terms of weight and height.
Hopefully, this write-up is helpful for you. I tried to explain things to make parents understand how beneficial early childhood education is for their little child. Early education helps in child’s development, this little phase of few years is significant for kids. It will not just make better person ready for tomorrow but also help them see the good things in the world.