GATE 2020 dates and notification are released. For this, all India level exam both national and foreign students can apply. GATE is taken by candidates seeking admission in PG courses. A large number of graduates sit for the exam but only a few get selected. This also opens doors to IITs, NIITs, SAP, IISc and more such reputed institutes.
The GATE scorecard is valid for next 3 years from the date of issue of the scorecard. This scorecard can even get you a job in PSU in India. Many PSUs recruit candidates on the basis of their GATE score.
GATE 2020 Important Dates
- Online registration for GATE 2020 has started and 24th September is the end date for the registration.
- GATE 2020 examination is scheduled for February 1,2,8, and 9, 2020.
GATE 2020 Form And GOAPS
- Interested candidates can fill GATE 2020 application form through GATE Online application processing system, or GOAPS, which is designed by IIT.
- Candidates have to register themselves by entering details required for GATE 2020 registration.
- Once the candidates are registered, they will be able to fill the details and complete the application process by making payment of application fee.
- Candidates can download the admit card before appearing for the exam through GATE portal.
- The answer key will be made available after exam and results will be declared on the portal.
New in GATE 2020
From the year 2029, Biomedical engineering has been added to the GATE. Now the total number of subjects are 25.
Candidates who are planning to appear in GATE 2020 should check the official website for further details on exam dates, eligibility, documents required, syllabus, eligibility, exam pattern and more.
GATE 2020 Registration
Registration is mandatory for candidates interested in GATE 2020. Register yourself through the registration link available on GOAPS.
For GATE 2020 registration candidates should have a valid email ID, phone number, using which they will generate a password.
GATE 2020 Application Form
- After completion of GATE 2020 registration candidates will have a login ID and password.
- Using the login ID and password, log in to complete the GATE application form.
Documents to Upload – GATE 2020
The images which are required to be uploaded in the GATE 2020 should be in the following format :
- Photograph of candidate: 5-200 KB in JPEG/JPG format.
- Candidate’s signature: 5-200 KB in JPEG/JPG format.
- Eligibility document: 10-500 KB in PDF format
- Category certificate (SC/ST), if applicable: 10-500 KB in PDF format.
- Dyslexic certificate (if applicable): 10-500 KB in PDF format.
- PwD certificate, is applicable: 10-500 KB in PDF format.
GATE 2020 Application Fee
- After filling all the required details in the GATE 2020 application form, the final step is to make application fee payment.
- The form submission will complete only after successful payment of the fee.
- The application fee is different for different category candidates. Various modes of application fee payment are available.
- Candidates can pay the fee via debit card, credit card, net banking, or through offline payment mode.
The fee for different category candidates is as follows:
|Category||Form Fee||Late Fee|
|General/OBC||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
|SC/ST/PwD/Female/Transgender||Rs. 750||Rs. 1250|
|Dubai/Singapore exam centers||100 USD||120 USD|
|Addis Ababa, Dhaka, Colombo, Kathmandu |
|50 USD||70 USD|
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2020
The eligibility criteria differ with degrees. It is very important for candidates interested in GATE 2020 to fulfil the age and education criteria. The criteria for age and education are as follows :
- There is no minimum or maximum age limit for GATE 2020.
- Graduates from engineering & science background can apply for GATE 2020 as long as they are qualifying by the said year, as mentioned in the table below.
Educational Qualification: Qualifying Degrees for GATE 2020
- Candidates should be in the final year or completed the B.E. / B.Tech / B. Pharma not later than the year 2020.
- B. Arch candidates in the final year or those completed not later than 2020 as a qualifying year can apply.
- Candidates in B.Sc (Research) / BS in their final year or completed with year of qualifying not later than 2020 are eligible.
- M.Sc / MA / MCA final year candidates or those who have completed with the qualifying year, not after 2020 are eligible.
- Integrated ME / M.Tech or Dual degree (after diploma or 10+2) candidates with the qualifying year not later than 2021 are eligible.
- Integrated M.E. / M.Tech (post-B.Sc) candidates in their second, third, fourth year and those who have completed can apply for GATE 2020, but the year of qualifying should be not more than 2022.
- Integrated M.Sc / Integrated BS-MS degree holders and final year candidates with the qualifying year not later than 2020 can apply.
- Candidates with professional exams equivalent to BE / B.Tech / B.Arch, who have completed Section A or equivalent are eligible to apply.
GATE 2020 Application Correction
- Those who by mistake filled some wrong information or data in their GATE 2020 application form will be allowed to make corrections when the correction window will be opened by the authorities.
- Once the correction window opens, you can go ahead and correct the mistakes in your application form.
- The GATE 2020 correction window will open in the fourth week of November 2019.
The candidates will be notified about the same email and SMS. Therefore, candidates must ensure to provide their active phone number and email. Check your email regularly to not miss any important announcement or changes. If you don’t file any mail in your inbox, check the junk folders.
Once the correction window is open make sure that the corrections are made in due course of time before the end date. Otherwise, you will miss the date and correction window will close.
GATE 2020 Exam Pattern
It is important for candidates to know the exam pattern and syllabus for the exam before applying for it. The exam pattern for GATE 2020 is discussed below.
- Exam Mode and Date: the GATE 2020 will be conducted on 1st, 2nd, 8th and 9th February 2019 in CBT mode.
- Number of Questions: There will be a total 65 questions in all papers. They will be of Multiple Choice Questions and Numerical Value type questions.
- Total Marks: The GATE 2020 will be conducted for 100 marks. The marks will remain the same for each subject.
The Bottom Line
Here we have included most of the detail on GATE 2020 that candidates must know. The end date for submission of GATE application form is 24th September 2019, to avoid the last day hassle candidates must apply before the last date.
We would like to wish all the luck to the GATE 2020 aspirants and would be happy to know their shining scores. Till then we would be updating more details on GATE 2020, so stay tuned. Let us know if you have any queries, we would love to address them.