Anshu Malik belongs to a family of wrestlers. She is trained by coach Jagdeesh at the Chaudhary Bharat Singh Memorial Sports School in Nidani, Haryana. Her father, Dharamvir Malik, worked with the CISF and was an international wrestler.
More about Anshu Malik
- Anshu Malik became the first Indian woman wrestler to each world championship final after winning against European junior champion Solomiia Vynnyk.
- To date, only 4 wrestlers from India have won medals at the World Championships, namely Geeta Phogat and Babita Phogat in the year 2012, Pooja Dhanda in 2018 and Vinesh Phogat in the year 2019. All of them won bought a bronze medal.
- Anshu Malik has also become the sixth Indian to reach the gold medal match at the World Championship.
- Before Anshu, Amit Dahiya, Bishambar Singh, Sushil Kumar, Deepak Punia and Bajrang Punia made it to the gold medal match.
- Anshu Malik won gold in the 60 kg category of the Cadet Wrestling Championships, as reported.
First Indian Woman To Win World Championships Silver
- Indian wrestler Anshu Malik won a silver medal in the world championship in 57kg category, leaving her one step back from gold in final 2016 Olympic champion Helen Lousie Marouli won gold in Oslo, Norway.
- She became India’s first-ever woman finalist at the World Championship. In the final match the 19-year-old wrestler started in an aggressively but with a positive intent.
- The Asian champion controlled the semi-final from the start and won by technical superiority in the 57 kg category.
Anshu Malik – Achievements
- She won a gold in the 60 kg category in the Cadet Wrestling Championships.
- She won one a bronze medal in 57 kg category at the 2020 Asian Wrestling Championships, held in New Delhi, India.
- She also won the silver medal in women’s 57 kg category at 2020 Individual Wrestling World Cup, held in Serbia.
- She won gold medal at the Asian Wrestling Championships 2021.
- She won a silver medal in Word Championships.