Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited is inviting the applications from the government job seekers for the post of the technician. UPPCL: has total 4102 vacancies available with them for the post of technician. Here we have mentioned all the important information related to the aforementioned government job.
- Online Application Submission Process has been started from 1 April 2019.
- The last date to apply for UPPCL Technician Recruitment 2019 is 30 April 2019.
- Exam to recruit technician under UPPCL will be conducted in the second week of May 2019.
UPPCL Job Vacancy Details
Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited has following posts to fill their vacancies. Here is a list of latest job vacancy details under UPPCL 2019.
1. General Candidates – 2052 Posts
2. OBC – 1107 Posts
3. SC – 861 Posts
4. ST – 82 Posts
Total: 4102 Posts
UPPCL Eligibility Details for Technician (Line)
Here is the detail of eligibility criteria set by the UPPCL for the technician post. It is a must for the applicants to know the eligibility criteria before applying for any government job. Read the below mentioned details carefully and then apply for the aforementioned job.
As per the notification, residents of Uttar Pradesh are only entitled to apply for this government job. Any candidate suspended from his/her job with central or state government will not be eligible to apply for this job.
Selected candidates will be taken on board on the post of trainee technician and he/she will undergo training for one year. Once the training of candidate will be over then he will have to face a test and the result of the test will make him/her a regular employee of UPPCL else the duration of training may increase for few more months.
UPPCL Notification 2019 – Educational Qualification
As per the official notification released by UPPCL, the candidate must have following education qualification to apply for Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited (UPPCL) job opportunities.
- Applicant must have passed 10th from any government recognized board with Science and Mathematics subject or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Computer is a must for the applicant.
- Along with the above mentioned requirements, applicants must have an NCVT/ SCVT certificate in one of the following field:- i. Wireman; ii. Electrician; iii. Lineman; iv. Electrical
- The applicant will have to clear a skill test as well. In this skill test, the basic skills of candidates will be checked like climbing on a poll, etc.
UPPCL Notification 2019 – Age Limit
To apply for UPPCL Technician job, the age of the candidate must be 18 to 40 years old.
Applicants from reserved category will get the relaxation in the upper age limit. Here is the detail of age relaxation for the different categories;
- For SC/ST Candidates: 5 Yrs
- For OBC Candidates: 3 Yrs
- For Persons with Disabilities: 10 Yrs
- For SC/ST candidates with PWD: 15 Yrs
- For OBC with PWD: 13 Yrs
UPPCL Application Fee
You will have to pay an application fee to apply for the UPPCL technician job. This application fee will be non-refundable and you can pay it through online mode. You can use your debit card, credit card or net banking to pay the application fee. For this post, the offline fee payment option is also available. Here is the detail of application fee;
- Candidates from the general and OBC category will have to pay Rs 1000 as application fee.
- For SC/ST candidate the application fee is Rs 700.
How to apply for UPPCL Technician (Line) Vacancies
The process to apply for UPPCL is online and applicants are not supposed to send their application form anywhere through post. To apply for the aforementioned post you will have to follow the below-given instructions;
Step 1: First of all visit the official website of UPPCL to apply for the vacancies available with this organization. Here is the link to visit the website; http://www.upenergy.in/uppcl
Step 2: go for the vacancy tab on the UPPCL website and click on it. Once you will click on it, it will direct you to all the vacancies available with UPPCL. Search for ‘APPLY ONLINE FOR THE POST OF “TECHNICIAN(LINE)” AGAINST ADVT.NO. 2/VSA//2019/TECHNICIAN(LINE)’ and click on the link mentioned with this text.
Step 3: This link will take you to the official notification of the job. Check and verify your eligibility against the UPPCL Recruitment 2019. If you are not eligible for the job notification, ignore and if you are eligible then follow the next step.
Step 4: Go to apply online link and click on apply now.
Step 5: Create your registration on UPPCL and Fill all the asked information correctly. Keep your registration id and password safe with you.
Step 6: you would need a scanned copy of your photo and signature to apply online. Upload it.
Step 7: Recheck all the information and submit it.
Step 8: Submit the application and process the payment.
Step 9: Take a print out of your application form for the future.
Candidates would need the following documents to show their eligibility for the recruitment in UPPCL.
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- Domicile Certificate
- 10th Mark sheet
- Technical Certificate
- Date of birth Certificate (mentioned on 10th mark sheet )
Candidate makes not of one important point that only those candidates can apply who have the regular technical course certificate. Technical course from distance learning, will not be considered for this job.
- The selection process for UPPCL will be having three phases. In the first phases, candidates will be get shortlisted based on their application. The second phase will be having two written rounds and in the third and last phase, a skill test of the applicant will be conducted.
- The written exam will be conducted in two parts and the duration of the exam will be 3 hours.
- The first part of the examination will be having computer related questions based on CCC. The question paper will be having a total of 50 marks and every question will be carrying 1 mark. The total marks of question paper will be 50. The paper will be having the process of negative marking and for every wrong answer, a ¼ mark of the candidate will be deducted.
- In this paper, the job contender will have to answer 50 multiple choice questions and its a must to score 20 marks to appear in the second round of selection procedure.
- In the second part of the exam, the applicants will have to give the answer of 150 questions from General knowledge, Hindi, English and their technical subject. The questions asked in this second phase of the examination will be based on the high school level.
- Paper 1 will be like prelim and its marks will not be counted in the last score.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on the merit of exam conducted by UPPCL.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called for the skill test and based on that rest the selection of the candidates will be done.
- If two candidates will score the same marks in the selection exam then the elder one will get the preference in selection.
- To get selected in the second phase of the examination, the candidate needs to score a minimum of 33% marks.
Selected candidates will be entitled to the salary of 27,200-36,100 in salary matrix level 4. Selected candidates will also be entitled to other allowances as per the rules and regulations in UPPCL.
Admit Card and Result of UPPCL Technician Recruitment
To appear in the exam it is must for the applicants to carry a hard copy of their admit card. So stay tuned with us to know the admit card release date for the exam for selection in UPPCL. The admit card will be available on the official site of UPPCL.
The exam conducting authority of UPPCL will upload the answer sheets on official website within two days of exam. Applicants can access the answer sheets by login with their registration id and password. If any candidate will have some issue with then answer sheet then he can raise his concern within three days with supporting documents to the department. This process has implemented to make the selection process more transparent.
The Bottom Line
In this post, we have compiled the detailed information of UPPCL Recruitment. The above mentioned government job id high in demand among the government job aspirants. If you have all the eligibility to apply for this job then don’t waste time. Still, the online application submission process is going on. In case of any questions related to UPPCL Technician Line Recruitment, feel free to write to us.