UCG NET 2019 stands for University Grant Commission – National Entrance Test. This exam is conducted twice a year once in the third week of June and again in the third week of December by the central board of secondary education (CBSE) on the behalf of UCG. To pursue higher order research in university institutes and department of national importance/national laboratories and institutes of CSIR in various field of technology, you are required to clear this exam. The students who qualify this exam are awarded either a JRF or lectureship.
This exam is conducted for over 84 subjects and the qualifiers are allotted jobs in one of the 874 universities in India. The people who want to appear in this exam must fill the UCG NET 2019 application form.
For the year 2019, the examination is scheduled in between 18 December and 22 December and the exam will be conducted online. As the UCG NET 2019 exam dates are in July you have sufficient time to prepare for the examination.
UGC NET 2019 Exam Pattern
Before appearing for the exam you must get familiar with the UCG NET 2019 exam pattern, as it will increase your probability to clear the exam. Unlike previous years, the test will be conducted in 2 shifts
- Paper 1 will be of 1 hour and will be conducted in two shifts, one from 9:30 am to 10:30 am and the second from 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm. It will be of a 100 marks weightage and will consist of 50 questions.
- Paper 2 will be of 2 hours and will be conducted in two shifts, one from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm and the second from 4:00 pm to 6:00 pm. It will be of 200 marks weightage and will consist of 100 questions.
UGC NET 2019 – Important Dates
The last date to fill the form or make any corrections in the UCG NET 2019 application form is on 14 October 2019. From 14 October onwards registered candidates will be able to download the admit cards from the official NTA website. The number of seats available solely depends on the requirements of the university. The universities are inspected by the University Grant Commission before finalising the vacancy positions. Here are some important dates to remember along with UCG NET 2019 exam dates.
- UCG NET 2019 Examination date – 8 July 2019 (tentative)
- Availability of answer key – July 2019
- Declaration of result – August 2019
UCG NET 2019 Syllabus
The test will be consist of two papers covering only objective type questions. Both the papers will be conducted on the same day in two different shifts as described above.
- The first paper will cover general nature, which will assess the aptitude of teaching and research of the candidate. The paper will assess the comprehension, reasoning ability and general awareness of the candidate.
- The second paper will cover the subject selected by the candidate. It is compulsory to attend all the question, which will cover the entire syllabus of earlier paper 1 and paper 2.
The UCG NET 2019 syllabus will be different for each of the subject offered. It is my suggestion for you to prepare the syllabus of their qualifying examination. You must stick to the syllabus given by NTE/CBSE for the preparation. Topics like teaching aptitude, reading comprehension, communication, logical reasoning, mathematical reasoning, data interpretation, people and environment will be covered in the first paper.
After knowing about UCG NET 2019 syllabus, UCG NET 2019 application form, UCG NET 2019 exam pattern and UCG NET 2019 exam dates, you must now be interested in knowing about the best books for the preparation of the exam. So, here is the list of UCG NET 2019 best books.
- UGC NET/ JRF/ SLET General Paper by Arihant publication
- Trueman’s UGC NET Paper 1 (Hindi) by Trueman publishers
- UGC NET Teaching and Research Aptitude: Previous Paper & Test Papers by RPH
- UGC NET/JRF/SLET General Paper 1- Shikshan Avum Shodh Abhiyogita by Arihant publishers.
The Bottom Line
The article includes all necessary information relating to UGC NET 2019. The preparation tips and best books in detail will be explained in next articles. Stay tuned for smart study tips and to know the best books. If you have a query, place it in the comment box below. We will be happy to answer.