Indian Army has released the notification for the selection of unmarried Men and Women for 47th NCC Special Entry Scheme Course under NCC Special Entry Scheme 2020 and for Wards of Battle Casualties. In this Special Entry Recruitment applicants with NCC certificate and Wards of Battle Casualties can apply to get a chance to serve the nation.
In this post, we have compiled the information on NCC Special Entry Scheme 47th Course (Apr 2020): Short Service Commission (NT) for Men & Women including Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel.
Vacancy Details of Indian Army NCC Special Entry Scheme Recruitment
Indian Army has released a total of 55 vacant posts under NCC Special Entry Scheme. 50 posts are available for male applicants and 05 vacancies are available for female candidates. Here is the detail of the same;
- For Men: 45 vacancies are available for General Category and 05 are available for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only.
- For Women: 04 posts are available for General Category and 01 for the Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only.
Education and Other Criteria
For NCC Cadets
- Applicant must have Bachelor Degree in any stream from a recognized University with aggregate of minimum 50%, taking into account marks of all the years.
- Candidates in last year of graduation can also apply if they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in earlier years of study. But if they could not score 50% or more marks in later years on their studies than their application or selection will get rejected.
- To apply for vacancies available for NCC cadets, candidates should have served NCC for minimum two academic years in the senior Division/Wing of NCC.
- It is mandatory to obtain minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC.
For Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel
- To apply the vacancies available for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel, no NCC certificate is required.
- Applicant must have a Degree from recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years.
- Candidate will have to provide “Battle Casualty” certificate No. issued by MP Dte/ Respective Regimental Records along with other documents.
Age limit for the applicant to apply under both of the categories is 19 to 25 years as on 01 Jan 2020 (born not earlier than 02 Jan 1995 and not later than 01 Jan 2001, both dates inclusive).
Terms and Conditions
- Selected candidates will be on training for 49 days at OTA, Chennai.
- On completion of training, the trainees will get “Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies” by the University of Madras.
- The cost of the training will be bear by the government of India but if any of the candidates want to leave the training in between then he/she has to pay the trainee fee.
- In Short Service Commission the candidates shall be liable to serve for ten years which can be extendable for four years.
- After training the officer will be on a probation period of 6 months.
- Online Application submission starts from 10th July 2019
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application is 08th August 2019
- Date of Examination is yet to be announced
How to Apply
You can apply online for the vacancies released by the Indian Army. Here are the steps that you need to follow to apply for the posts available for NCC Special Entry Men and Women including for Wards of Battle Casualties.
- Visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in and click on Officers Entry `Apply/Login’ and then click `Registration’.
- Now fill online Registration as per the given instructions and click on ‘Apply Online’.
- A new application form will appear on your screen fill your personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB here and proceed further.
- Check ‘Summary of Information’ once the form gets completed. If all the information is correct then submit it.
- Take two print outs of the application form after 30 minutes after the closure of online application on last day. You need to carry one copy of application form with you on SSB Interview.
- Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) will shortlist the candidates from all the applicants and will send them an e-mail to inform them about it.
- The shortlisted candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates.
- At the allotted SSB selection center the candidate will have to face two stages of selection. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day and rest will have to be at the center for 5 days.
- Those applicants who will clear stage 2 and declared fit in the medical examination will be eligible to get selected for the vacant posts mentioned aloft.
- The selection of the candidate will be based on the merit list prepared by the candidates’ performance in SSB Interview.
- To Read the official Notification, click here
- To apply online for the aforementioned posts, click here
The Bottom Line
If you are eligible to apply for the aforementioned vacancies in Indian Army then make sure you apply before the last date. You can get more detailed information from the official notification released by the Indian Army. We have given a link of the same in this post. In case of any further query related to defense job, write to us in the comment box below.