Looking to pursue graphic design courses after 12th but confused if its the right choice? You are not alone. Many students want to opt for non-traditional career option but hesitate. The present job market has lots of opportunities for creative minds and they get good package too. Skilled graphic designers with creativity are in demand and you can be one of them.
Technology has created various new jobs, and graphic designer is one of them. Graphic design plays a crucial role in traditional and digital marketing. The designers can convey a message to the mass audience with the help of their designs. Graphic design courses after 12th create a base for interested students to know various tools available for this work. Early exposure to graphic designing will help you think of more interesting ideas that you can make live.
Graphic design courses after 12th is an ideal choice for you if you want to have your career in the creative field. Let’s dig a bit more and know what graphic designing is and how you can make your career in this field;
What is Graphic Designing?
Graphic designing is an art to project your creative ideas with textual and visual content. A graphic design can have both types of content and any one of them. A business logo is an ideal example of graphic design. Page layout, posters, book cover, website layouts, business cards, infographics are the other examples of graphic designing.
If you read the examples carefully, you will find that there is no place where graphic design cannot be used. People need a graphic designer to convey a message, for marketing any product or service, and for many other jobs. Graphic designers that can come up with some creative ideas are always in demand. Graphic design courses after 12th can help the students to be a well-known designers. Scroll down the page to know more about the course in this field after 12th;
Graphic Design Courses After 12th
If you have an artistic approach and a creative mind, graphic designer can be an ideal career choice for you. The graphic designers can start their professional journey as an employee, and they can have their own business too. The nature of this job prepares the designer to work as a freelancer and entrepreneur. Here we have compiled some facts about this profession that will help you to make your mind to pursue in graphic design course after 12th;
- According to U.S. labor statistics, the growth of the graphic designing industry is approx 3% per annum. It is a growing sector in India too.
- The future of graphic designing companies will be bright as more companies will launch their apps, use different graphic designs for online marketing, and would like to print unique business cards.
- Students can have admission in U.G. or diploma courses in graphic designing after 12th. There are various certification courses are also available that can train the students in this art form.
Graphics Courses After 12th
After 12th, students have three options to choose from; U.G. Courses, Diploma Courses, and Certificate Courses. Here is the detail of same;
Bachelor Courses: After 12th, students can get admission in U.G. courses. The duration of the course is 3 to 4 years. Universities offer the following courses in Graphics after 12th;
· Bachelors of Graphic Design
· Bachelors of Design in Graphic Design
· Bachelor of Arts in Graphic Design
· BSc in Graphic, Advertising & Digital Design
· B.A. (Hons) Graphic Design: Advertising and Branding
· BDes Graphic Design
· B.A. (Hons) Graphic Communication Design
· B.A. Graphic Design and Visual Communication
Diploma Courses: Students can get admission to diploma courses offered by various institutes and colleges. The duration of diploma courses can be 1 to 3 years. Here we have listed out a few diploma courses for interested students;
· Graduate Diploma Program in Graphic Design
· Advance Diploma in Graphic Design. Bachelors of Design in Graphic Design
· Post-Graduate Diploma Program in Graphic Design (After Graduation)
Certificate Courses: The duration of certificate courses is short, and students can enroll in them while pursuing U.G. or other courses. The time span of certificate courses is 6 to 12 months. Many private institutes offer certificate courses to students in graphic design.
Eligibility To Get Admission in Graphic Designing Courses
- Students must have qualified 10+2 to get admission in U.G. graphics courses.
- Students from any stream in 12th can get admission in the U.G., Diploma or Certificate courses in Graphic design.
- To get admission in U.G. courses, the students must have qualify 10+2 from a recognized education board with a minimum of 50% marks. However, colleges that offer admission based on merit can ask for a higher percentage in 12th.
- To get admission in diploma courses, the students must have qualified 12th with a minimum of 50% marks.
- In certification courses, there is no condition to qualify 12th. The students can get admission in certification courses after the 10th as well.
Also Read – A Creative Path for Excellent Career
How to get Admission in Graphic Designing Courses
Most of the universities offer admission in U.G. courses in Graphics designing based on the merit list. There are a few universities that offer admission based on the students’ marks in the entrance exam. Universities conduct the entrance exams and also consider the rank scored in the state or join entrance examination. Here are a few entrance exams that you will have to give to get admission to the best colleges in the country to study graphic designing;
· NID Entrance exam
· AIEED Entrance exam
· MIT Entrance exam
· UCEED Entrance exam
· CEED Entrance exam
· SID Entrance exam
Top Colleges that Offer Graphics Designing Courses
Here are the top universities that offer U.G. courses in Graphics Designing;
1. Pearl Academy: The academy is in New Delhi and its known for advertising and graphics courses. Here is the website of the academy; https://pearlacademy.com/
2. Arena Animation: Its a private institute and known for its coaching in graphics and animation designing. The institute offers diploma and certificate courses in the field. The institute has its branches in all the metro and a few small cities. Students get placement assistance from the institute. Here is the website of the institute; https://www.arena-multimedia.com/in/en/courses/fast-track-courses/graphic-designing
3. School of Design and Innovation: It’s a four years exam divided into eight semesters. The U.G. course opens various ways for the students to get a job or pursue in masters’ degree. Students get an amazing placement package after completion of the course. Here is the website of the school of design and innovation; https://www.isdi.in/
4. LISAA School of Design: The school is the branch of the French school LISAA. It is in Bangalore and is known for its quality studies on graphic designing. To get admission to the school, the students will have to take an entrance test conducted by the school itself. The students get a good package after completion of the course from here. You can check the website of the school by clicking here; https://lisaabangalore.com/
5. R.V. School of Design: The school of Design at R.V. university offers B. DeS and M. DeS courses. The U.G. program is for four years or eight semesters. Students will have to apply online to get admission in the U.G. course. Here is the website of the university that you can visit for more information; https://rvu.edu.in/
The Bottom Line
Graphic Designing course after 12th can make a strong base for the student’s career. The article has detailed information about graphic designing courses. Hope it will help you to craft a career in the graphic designing field. If you are creative and want to join a profession that needs your creative skills, you must get admission in Graphics Designing courses after 12th. In case of any other query related to the course in graphic designing, you can write to us in the comment box.