The RPA industry is booming and there is a greater need for RPA experts in the modern-day world. Businesses and companies are looking out for talented individuals that can help their business prosper by offering the best RPA skills. If you are looking for a career in RPA, you have landed on the right page. This article talks about what RPA is, the in-demand RPA jobs, and the scope. Even freshers can build their successful career in RPA, with the ample opportunities available. Before we jump into discussing the career in RPA, let us try to understand RPA and how it is changing our daily life.
What is RPA?
Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is a technology that automates tasks otherwise done by humans. With the innovative technology of RPA, mundane and routine tasks can easily be carried out in a quick span of time. RPA includes robotic bots that emulate human actions in interacting with the user interface of applications. These bots perform these tasks on a formal set of instructions also called algorithms. As a result, humans can focus more on other high priority tasks like analytics and ROI driven workflow. RPA has many advantages that saves budget expenses and the need for APIs and can be called an emblem of digital transformation.
How RPA Has Become a Part of Our Daily Life ?
- Robotic Process Automation, also termed “digital workforce” plays a major role in carrying out everyday tasks. Businesses demand huge data processing and analysis which can be performed through RPA automation.
- In online shopping, the entire order processing method includes data entry tasks which can be quite time consuming if done manually. RPA automation comes to the rescue in situations like these. Other scenarios where RPA automation can act as a beneficiary are: Forms processing, credit card functionalities, registering patient’s names in a hospital etc.
- Regarding the credit card functionalities, many of its tasks can easily be handled through Robotic Process Automation (RPA). Right from initiating credit card application, to processing and verification, RPA helps ease out these everyday processes. What might take weeks to finalize is done quickly and is rarely prone to error.
- RPA can help with payroll functions without having to manually input data and validate time sheets, earnings and tax deductions.
- Chatbots can automate replies to consumer queries and grievances. They are easily accessible and display results swiftly. Many websites have chatbots to interact, inform and provide guidance to customers thus helping them solve their problems. These AI chatbots interpret and process users’ phrases and produce answers already present in the system or through experience.
- Robotic process Automation enriches user experience by performing a wide range of tasks in everyday life.
Which Industries Require RPA?
The increased adoption of RPA has been observed in various industries, right from education to banking and manufacturing. The adoption rate is slow at present but it is soon to rise. There are many industries that have adopted Robotic Process Automation (short for RPA) for efficiency and increased productivity. Many industries are yet to take their first steps for RPA adoption. Some of the industries already leveraging the power of RPA include.
- Telecommunication industry
- Retail Industry
- Fashion industry
- Banking or Finance Industry
- Public Sector
- Transportation and Logistics
- Utility industry
- Healthcare industry
- Manufacturing industry
All the above listed industries or sectors offer ample opportunities to candidates seeking to build their career in RPA. Start with deciding on a sector, job role and the skills that make you a fit for it.
Career Opportunities in Robotic Process Automation
There are many opportunities to work in different companies, the best among which is NASA. Other sectors that pay you well for working as an automation expert include the private industries like automobile sectors among others.
- The job role of an RPA architect is all about identifying opportunities in customer business processes to build and design RPA technology. In other words, you will automate business processes through RPA. Depending on the business requirements, the RPA architect will work as a communicator between the business and technology to frame solutions for customers. A skilled RPA architect is an efficient software analyst and business analyst. Any software architect or RPA architect must be able to produce good, modular code as well as integrate that code.
- The minimum requirement to be a RPA architect is to have some experience in the IT industry and with RPA tools.
- As observed on Glassdoor, the salary of a RPA architect in India is somewhere between Rs 9 lakhs to Rs 28 lakhs, making the average salary equal to Rs 17.0 lakhs per annum.
- The RPA Business Analyst collaborates with RPA technology team and key stakeholders to produce automated solutions for the business. The technical team of RPA together with the business stakeholders and Process Excellence team provides solutions that drive value. The RPA analyst will have to manage and create business interaction components that define, plan and execute technology and RPA methods for the company’s advantage.
- AS a business analyst, the basic requirements are to be tech-savvy and have a knack towards business processes. You must be able to closely monitor the processes and recognize the automation techniques and associated pitfalls if any.
- The foremost criteria to become a RPA analyst is to have knowledge about RPA tools. Some of these tools are Uipath, NICE, Automation Anywhere, Kofax Kapow and RPA Blue Prism.
- The salary of an RPA business analyst is usually between Rs 4.5 lahs to Rs 16.3 lakhs and the average amount equals Rs 9.0 lakhs per annum. As per the data gathered from Glassdoor.
- An RPA developer is someone who needs the combined skills of a software developer, a business analyst, and a project manager. You need to program the bots or create designs for the automation tools, which depends on your experience level. The architectural responsibilities and the management level are based on the RPA team size and the company’s current needs.
- The RPA developer must work on business analysis and RPA development as part of the job responsibility. Starting from problem identification, requirement gathering to deploying RPA components and supervising RPA development, the RPA developer needs to carry out these basic duties. Other skills that are required include programming language experience, strong communication, analytical skill and experience with RPA tools.
- The salary of a RPA developer ranges between Rs 4.4 lakhs to Rs 10 lakhs and the annual average salary stands at Rs 6.7 lakhs per annum. Based on the data found on Glassdoor.
- The main job of an RPA Associate is to identify business processes and define them for automation. It also involves coming up with simple automation solutions with UiPath platform components that include UiPath Orchaestrator, Studio and Robots.
RPA Process Consultant
- The job of an RPA Process Consultant involves using technological developments to control application software to perform actions that emulate human behavior. Robots are taught how to carry out repetitive tasks in a quick and accurate manner. The RPA Process Consultant has to perform complex projects which can be eased out with experience. The tasks of an RPA consultant in an organization generally involve planning, defining, designing configuration, implementing and operations changeover.
- RPA Process Consultants do play a major role in subtracting human labor with the help of RPA. There is more efficiency, higher productivity and acceleration in mundane tasks with adoption of robotic automation.
- The salary of an RPA Process Consultant is usually between Rs 4.1 lakhs and Rs 18.2 lakhs. The average annual salary of the job role is Rs 9.6 laks per annum.
Future scope of RPA
The future scope of RPA career is huge as more and more businesses will want to streamline their processes and the best way is to do it the RPA way. As per a report by PwC, as many as 30% of jobs will be replaced by automation, especially the boring and repetitive ones.
“Around 70% of workers believe that automation will offer them an opportunity to qualify for more highly skilled work.“
Industries will witness a shift towards the online mode of working. There will be a rapid growth in high-quality jobs by 2025 that is inclusive of those who can maintain and improve RPA software. Since RPA comes with a myriad of advantages like saving time, effort and money, the future years will heavily rely on the automation process. As a job seeker in the RPA sector, you can be rest assured that RPA industry is a good way to go.
Also, the World Economic Forum says machines will create 58 million new jobs.
Robotic Process Automation is the path that leads straight to get your dreams fulfilled as an RPA expert. With technical know-how and a background in the IT industry, you can easily secure your position as an RPA developer, analyst, architect etc. However, knowing the RPA tools is another important criterion of working in the RPA industry. Plus, if you have strong development and analytical skills, apart from strong configuration management, you can plan to dive into the sea of RPA and come back with a lot more.