In recent years the craze of BBA aviation has increased, and more students want to get admission in this UG course. Aviation has been an attractive industry for the youngsters, and it’s one of the highest paying industries as well. BBA Aviation opens the door for young students to be a part of this industry after completion of their under graduation. If you have made your mind to work in the aviation sector, BBA Aviation is the best course for you.
The aviation industry is one of the most growing industries, with plenty of opportunities for youngsters and experienced professionals. In future, this sector will experience immense growth. In India, many new airports are under construction. When these airports start functioning, they will need qualified human resources, and BBA Aviation qualified candidates will get hired here. Let us dig out more information about this less knows BBA specialization and find out the scope in BBA Aviation.
BBA Aviation: An Overview
- Full-Form of Course: Bachelor of Business Administration in Aviation (BBA in Aviation)
- Duration: 3 years or 6 Semesters
- Eligibility: 10+2 with 50% or more marks
- Admission Process: Entrance exams like LPUNEST, JUEE and Merit-based admission
- Course FEE: 70,000 INR to 8 Lakh INR (As per the choice of B-School)
- Syllabus: IT System Management, Airport Management, Airline Marketing Management, Airport and Cargo, Safely Management, Introduction to Cargo industry and its work processes, etc.
- BBA Aviation Scope: Airport Management and Administration, Airport Operations, Cargo Management, Marketing, Finance etc.
- Top Recruiters: Jet Airways, Deccan Air, IndiGo, Vistara, Air India, Different Airports in India, SpiceJet and many other airlines.
BBA Aviation: What is it about?
Here have a close look at BBA Aviation given in short points below;
- The three years UG course educates the students about the different aspects of airlines and airports.
- The students get to know how a complete process runs to complete the airlines’ operations, accounts management, funding and finances, recruitment, Cargo management and various others.
- Aviation is a services-based industry, so the course develops the management skills in students as per the demand of the industry.
- Overall, the UG course in aviation prepares the students to work in the Aviation sector and face the upcoming challenges related to their field.
BBA Aviation Eligibility
Check out the required eligibilities to get admission in BBA Aviation;
- BBA is a UG course, so the applicant must apply after 12th to get admission in it.
- Students from any stream can get admission to this degree course.
- The admission seekers must have scored a minimum of 50% or 45% marks in 10+2 to pursue in BBA course in Aviation.
How to Get Admission in BBA Aviation?
Most of the B-Schools offer admission in BBA Aviation on a merit-based, but a few, like LPU, also conduct the entrance examination. So, the admission process depends on the choice of college. Here we have complied the steps to get admission in BBA Aviation in both kinds of B-Schools;
Step 1: Visit the website of university and look for the admission application form. Fill it and submit it with all the enclosed documents.
Step 2: If the college offers admission on a merit-based then it will release the merit list. Look for your name in the merit list, and if it’s there, follow the next step. If the college offer admission based on the entrance test, then you will get admit card.
Step 3: If you have scored the minimum cut-off marks in the entrance exam or have your number on the merit list, the college will send you a letter to report on their premises with the required document.
Step 4: Visit the college at the given date and time to secure your seat in BBA Aviation.
BBA Aviation Entrance Exam
If you want to get admission in BBA Aviation through entrance examination, then you can appear in one of the following;
- LPUNEST: The entrance exam is conducted by Lovely Professional University. The university, popularly known as LPU, announces the entrance exam schedule on its website every year.
- JUEE: Jagannath University also conducts an entrance exam named JUEE to offer admission to the students in UG courses on MBA in different specializations, including Aviation.
BBA Aviation Colleges
Aviation is an offbeat BBA specialization, so not every B-school offers this course. Here we have compiled a list of Colleges and Universities that offer BBA Aviation to the students;
- Jagannath University AIMS Institute
- Hindustan Institute of Technology & Science (HITS)
- Kristu Jayanti College
- University of Petroleum and Energy Studies [UPES]
- IIKM Business School, Chennai
- G D Goenka University
- Hillside Business School
Is BBA Aviation is a Good Choice for UG?
Indeed it is. Aviation is a sector that is growing rapidly. To make transportation easy and quick more countries are showing interest to develop their aviation industry. Earlier going by air was considered a luxury, but now it has become a facility to reach from one place to another in less time. India is a vast country and travelling by roads and trains is expensive and time consuming too. So, interstate flights are the best options for travelling. At present, India has 137 airports, and a few others are under construction. So, the demand of the professionals to run, handle and manage these airports is always high.
BBA Aviation allows the students just after 10+2 to understand the aviation industry and its work procedure. If the student wants to work after UG, he has various options to pick, and pursuing higher studies in the same specialization is always available.
The aviation industry is technology-driven. To make it safer and reliable, the airports and airlines use the latest technology, so no matter what kind of duty you perform, you must know the technology used in airports. The demand for professionals in aviation is high in both the public and private sectors. So, if joining a government job is your dream, BBA Aviation is also a good option for after the 12th.
Scope in BBA Aviation
BBA offer specialization in various fields, and all of them promises a stable job and a good salary package. BBA in marketing, HR and Finance are the most preferred specialization in the UG course then why should a student go for BBA Aviation? The simplest answer to this most asked question is, Aviation is a growing industry. So, the scope in BBA aviation is also huge, and professionals with knowledge about the Aviation industry are in demand. Check out the points given below to understand the scope in BBA Aviation;
- The aviation industry is rapidly growing globally and in India; with the announcement of new airlines and many new airports, the demand for BBA Aviation will increase shortly.
- After the pandemic, the tourism industry will flourish again globally, so the aviation industry will experience more growth. Hence the coming time will bring more possibilities for BBA Aviation pass outs.
- After BBA Aviation, you can choose various career profiles that suit your skills more. For example, you can be a marketing manager with an aviation company or join a company as HR. Considering your knowledge about the industry in BBA, you will get preference over other candidates.
- The aviation industry plays a very good salary and various other facilities like paid holidays, relaxation in airfare and many others. So, working in the industry is like fun with work.
- Tour and tourism industry and Aviation industry both are connected. As the government is promoting the tourism industry so the aviation industry will also grow. The aviation sector contributes to the country’s economy, so it’s a great sector to work in.
- After BBA Aviation, the students can pursue different occupations like Aviation Marketing Manager or any general post. The course gives a chance to connect with this charming industry without being a member of the cabin crew and pilot.
- Students can get a good salary package after BBA Aviation. They also get a chance to go for MBA in Aviation that opens the door for more opportunities and jobs abroad.
BBA Aviation FAQs
Question 1: Is BBA Aviation is different from other BBA courses?
Yes, it is. In BBA Aviation, the students get to know the working procedures in the Aviation industry.
Question 2: What is the average cost of the course?
The cost of BBA aviation depends on the university or the college. The average cost for BBA Aviation is INR 6 lakh.
Question 3: What is the BBA aviation scope?
BBA aviation has a good scope as the aviation industry is growing globally.
Question 4: What is the average salary for a BBA Aviation graduate?
The average salary for a fresher BBA Aviation graduate is 2.5 to 3.5 LPA.
Question 5: What are the further study options after BBA Aviation?
After BBA Aviation, the students can go for MBA Aviation, MBA in Tours and Travels, MBA in Airline Management and MBA in Air travel Management.