Banasthali University is a woman-specific institute for primary to higher education. Banasthali University, also known as Banasthali Vidyapith is going to start its admission process soon. Banasthali University offers various technical and non-technical courses from primary to the PhD level for female students. Banasthali Vidyapith is a fully residential university located in Rajasthan. Admission process for 2019 in Banasthali University will start from February 2019.
In this article, you will get detailed information on the admission process of Banasthali University.
Banasthali University offers quality education in various UG and PG courses. The admission in this university is merit-based. The female applicants with good marks can only get admission in Banasthali University. The university does not conduct any entrance test for admission in any UG and PG programme expect the following courses; M.Phil., B.Ed., B.Pharm, M.Sc. (Biotechnology), B.Des, B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA and MA (Textile Designing) courses. To get admission in an aforementioned programme of Banasthali University, female students need to appear in Banasthali University Aptitude Test. This aptitude test is usually conducted in the month of June every year.
Instructions for Admission at Banasthali University
For all the UG courses only unmarried female students can apply to get admission in Banasthali University. Married candidates can apply only for PG courses.
Courses Offered by Banasthali University
Here is the detail of UG and PG courses offered by Banasthali University.
- BACHELOR OF ARTS [BA]
- BACHELOR OF TECHNOLOGY [B.TECH]
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE [B.SC]
- BACHELOR OF COMMERCE + BACHELOR OF LAWS [L.L.B.]
- BACHELOR OF EDUCATION [B.ED]
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION [BBA]
- BACHELOR OF PHARMACY [B.PHARM]
- BACHELOR OF COMMERCE [B.COM]
- BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPLICATION [BCA]
- BACHELOR OF THEATRE ARTS [BTA]
- BACHELOR OF ARTS + BACHELOR OF LAWS [B.A.L.L.B.]
- BACHELOR OF DESIGN [B.DES]
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION + BACHELOR OF LAWS [BBALLB]
- Master OF ARTS [MA]
- MASTER OF TECHNOLOGY [M.TECH]
- MASTER OF PHARMACY [M.PHARM]
- MASTER OF SOCIAL WORK [MSW]
- MASTER OF EDUCATION [M.ED]
- MASTER OF COMPUTER APPLICATIONS [M.C.A]
- MASTER OF DESIGN [M.DES]
- PhD in various streams
- MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY [M.PHIL] in various streams
Apart of above mentioned UG and PG courses, Banasthali University also offers Diploma courses and certifications in various fields.
Banasthali University Admission 2019 Dates
Here are the details of admission dates 2019 (tentative) in Banasthali University.
Female applicants can apply for the admission in Banasthali University from February 2019. Students can apply for higher education in Banasthali University till the last week of April 2019. University may accept a few applications for admission till last week of May with a late fee.
- Admission will start in February 2019 and will end by April 2019.
- For a few courses, candidates need to appear in Banasthali University Aptitude Test. The aptitude test may be conducted in the first week of June 2019.
Banasthali University Application Form 2019
Banasthali University Application Form 2019 will be available online and offline in the first week of February 2019. Applicants can get the Banasthali University application form offline from the designated centres and university premises. To get the application form online, candidates need to visit the official website of Banasthali University.
It is necessary for applicants to upload their recent photograph along with application form. After filling the online application form, candidates need to take print out of the same. This print will help the student at the time of admission in the university.
Application fee for submission of the Banasthali University Application Form 2019 is Rs 800/- for all candidates. The application fee will be submitted as DD to the below mentioned address.
Secretary -Banasthali Vidyapith
P.O. Banasthali Vidyapith- 304022 (Rajasthan)
For UG Courses
- To get the admission in UG courses from Banasthali University applicant should have completed 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized board.
- Candidates need to obtain minimum 60% marks in the above mentioned examination to get admission in UG courses.
For PG Courses
- To get admission in PG courses, candidates should have a UG degree from a recognized board.
- Candidate must have obtained minimum 50% marks in UG degree.
- For M.Tech courses, admission will be done on the basis of GATE 2019 scorecard.
For PhD Courses
- To apply for PhD courses in Banasthali University, candidates must have a master degree in their respective field from a recognized university/college.
- It is a must to obtain 50% marks in PG courses to get admission in PhD at Banasthali University.
- A NET (National Eligibility Test) qualified candidate can also apply for PhD in Banasthali University.
- Also, a Research entrance test will be conducted by the university followed by an interview round OR Any other equivalent National Level entrance test for the applicants.
Admission procedure at Banasthali University
To get admission in Banasthali University, the applicant has to go through the following procedure;
- Fill the application form either online or offline. The University conducts a few National Level Entrance test as well. The applicant can apply through these tests as well.
- Appear in the aptitude test conducted by the university. (If your course falls in that category)
- Participate in counselling in the premises of university.
- University’s authorities will check the original documents of the applicants before admitting them in university.
Banasthali University Aptitude Test
As we mentioned that Banasthali University conducts aptitude tests for a few courses. Here are more details about it.
- University conducts the aptitude test only for those candidates whose application has accepted by the university.
- The aptitude tests can be conducted on different dates for different courses.
- Usually, an aptitude test is conducted in the month of June every year. In the same month, the university declares the result.
Banasthali University Merit List
For most of UG courses, candidates get admission as per the merit list. Here is more information about the same.
- After a few days of Aptitude test, Banasthali University releases the merit list for new applicants. There is a separate merit list for each course.
- Merit lists are prepared on the basis of marks filled by the applicants in their application form.
- Candidates can check their name in merit list through Banasthali University’s website.
- If a candidate gets a place in merit list then only they will be called for counselling.
Banasthali University Counselling
Before offering the admission, Banasthali University invites the candidates for counselling based on the merit list. The schedule of counselling is provided to the applicants after the announcement of result of the aptitude test and merit list. In the counselling, seats are allotted to the candidates based on their preferences and availability of seats. It is must for the candidates to carry their original documents at the time of counselling.
Banasthali University Admission 2019
Once the seat is allotted to the candidates in counselling then the candidates will have to reach to their allotted centre to complete the process of admission in Banasthali University. Candidates will have to carry the seat allocation letter and original documents along with the fee to get the admission in the allotted centre of Banasthali University. It is must for the candidates to carry all the documents as in absence of any one of the documents the admission may not proceed. The session will start from August 2019 in Banasthali University.
To know more interested candidates can visit the official website of Banasthali University, http://www.banasthali.org/banasthali/