The entire Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) started celebrating Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s birthday as “Seva Saptah” since the starting of his innings as the PM of the country. The decision came after PM Modi instructed the party and the government that instead of celebrating his birthday, people should devote time in the service of the people.
The Seva Saptah is being observed from 14 to 20 September 2020 in light of the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi that happens to be today, i.e 17th of September.
What is Seva Saptah?
To mark the birthday of PM Narendra Modi, the Bhartiya Janta Party observe the Seva Saptah from September 14 to September 20 every year. The theme of 2020 Seva Saptah is “Seventy” in order to mark the 70th birthday of PM. On this occasion, the party will distribute fruits to 70 hospitals, provide artificial limbs and spectacles to 70 people, and 70 blood donation camps will be organised.
The four-member BJP committee, headed by BJP vice-president Avinash Rai Khanna and comprising party national secretaries Sunil Deodhar and Sudha Yadav, and Union minister Arjun Ram Meghwal, is overseeing the weeklong celebrations of the birthday of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The committee has in prior informed the chief ministers of party-ruled states and party MPs, directing them to focus on real service and not crave after propaganda during the Sewa Week.
Seva Saptah – Key Points
- This year marks 70th birthday of the Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- As a part of Sewa Week, several social initiatives being organised by the BJP party leaders across the nation during Seva Saptah.
- Gujarat Government will launch projects and schemes to celebrate the week. Gujarat CM will launch cow-based organic farming and the State government would provide Rs 900 of monthly assistance to the farmers. The government will also sign 10 Memorandum of Understandings on Climate Change. Further, on this occasion, the government will provide kits to the farmer to make Jivamrut (natural fertiliser).
- Gujarat government will also launch water supply projects for 205 villages of the districts Tapi and Narmada.
- Programmes such as presentation of artificial limbs and other equipment to 70 differently abled people in every Mandal of the country and the distribution of spectacles to 70 blind people will be organised.
- The government of Gujarat will also provide women assistance of Rs 1,000 in the state to help them start their own business.
- Surat will plant 70,000 saplings to commemorate the birthday of PM Modi.
- According to official twitter handle of BJP Goa, MPs from the state distributed sanitisers, pulse oximeter, and face shields to schools from Cortalim Constituency as part of Sewa Week.
- Seventy virtual conferences on the ‘Life and Mission’ of the PM Narendra Modi will be organised.
- 70 blood donation camps will be organised by the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM), with at least, one camp in every district.
- According to the twitter handle of BJP Kerala, the party workers initiated a cleanliness drive in the state to participate in Sewa Saptah on September 15.
- As part of the Seva Saptah, the Union Ministers Nityanand Rai and G Kishan Reddy felicitated 70 workers of the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) on September 16.
- In Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, BJP workers offered 70-kilo laddus at Sri Kamatchi Amman Temple, ahead of PM Modi’s birthday, to be distributed among people.
- A cleanliness drive to be organised in 70 villages of every district, as well as a pledge to be taken to clear out single-use plastic as per the initiative launched by the PM.
September 17, the birthday of Narendra Modi ji, is celebrated as Seva Diwas by the Bhartiya Janta party every year. During the week from 14 to 20 September, the party will organize various services across the country to commemorate the birthday of PM Modi.
Wishing a very happy birthday to our honourable PM Narendra Modi.