The outbreak of COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way we live, now face to face communication and human contact are reduced largely. In recent times, video and chat platforms have gained popularity as they are the only means to connect business teams, families and friends. There are many video communication or people connecting platforms that have made it easier for business to run as well as for people to stay in touch with their loved ones. .
Google Due, Zoom, Slack and MS Teams are four major
platforms that are being used widely, but how much do you know about them?
- This is a simple high quality video calling platform, which supports both iOS and Android. It is an easy to use app from Google that allows you to call people from your saved contact list.
- The knock knock feature of Google Duo makes it even more interesting as it gives you a live preview of person calling you before the call starts. Isn’t this interesting?
- It also allows you to send a video message to a person your are trying to reach. This is another great feature that you might love.
- Google Due protects the call with an end-to-end encryption.
- It allows group video calls to stay connected to your family and friends.
- To use Google Duo, you must have a Google account.
- It’s easy to install this app on your mobile or device, visit Google Play Store or Apple Store to download the app. Login with your Google ID and you are good to go!
- Google Due is also being used by businesses for team calles and video conferencing.
- Like every other video calling platform, Google is also working to improve the quality of the calls.
- With Google Due you can now have a group call with 8 to 12 people at a time.
- Zoom is a platform offered by American communications technology company Zoom Video Communications, Inc.
- Zoom is one of the most widely used cloud-based video conferencing platform that includes phone system, conference rooms, meetings, chat and video webinar features .
- Due to its simple user-friendly interface, this platform has gained more popularity. You can use it as a desktop app, mobile app or on browser.
- Gallery View feature of Zoom is very appealing as it allows you to see all the meeting attendees at one place.
- Its four pricing tiers makes it a platform for all, no matter you are a teacher, student or a business person. These pricing plans include Zoom Basic, Zoom Pro, Zoom Business, and Zoom Enterprise.
- The most loved and widely used plan is Zoom Basic which is the free version that allows a call of 40 minutes for group meeting of more than 3 people.
- With Zoom Basic, the,maximum number of participants that can be in a meeting at a time are 100.
- Despite all the limitations, Zoom has no limits on one-to-one conferencing.
- This platform is designed by Microsoft Corporation for organizations and businesses.
- It is team collaboration platform in Microsoft 365, it can be used for team conversations, file sharing and meetings in a single shared workspace.
- You can access it on desktop, browser or can download the app on your mobile device.
- Microsoft Teams allows its user to create multiple channels and teams. Through the platform, you can exchange video/ audio chats and messages in the team or individually.
- You can also share files and document and can edit them with the team members in real time.
- This application can be integrated with other Microsoft software which makes it a powerful platform to share data.
- MS Teams supports iOS, Android, Windows and Mac-OS operating systems.
- The application is freely accessible as part of the Microsoft Office 365 package.
- Slack is a proprietary business communication platform developed by Slack Technologies, an American software company.
- It is a cloud-based workplace platform that facilitates communication among team members.
- The platform is designed in such a way that it supports teamwork by allowing team members to collaborate online.
- The platform supports different operating system such as iOS, Mac-OS, Android, and Windows.
- It allows you to create differenent communication channels with your team members.
- This platform allows you to communicate with teammates over chat or call.
- Slack also enables you to create private conversations with your team members.
- Slack supports four pricing tiers , right from the free version, Standard, Plus, to Enterprise Grind, which are to be purchased as per the business size.
- The higher the price of your plan, larger the business it will support.
With the outbreak of COVID-19 and the everyday increasing cases, work from home has become the new normal for us. To combat the current situation, companies have digitized their workplace and the employees are trained to get used to it. Digitization is not just limited to the workplace, but also it keeps family and friends connected during the COVID-19 times. These platforms support different operating systems, so using it on your favourite device is easy. The current Coronavirus situation makes it clear that the virtual communication platforms are the new normal and will stay.