GATE stands for ‘Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering’. It’s a national level entrance test for admission into the post-graduation level course or doctoral programmes in engineering and its branches. The Gate exam is conducted by the IITs and IISc. IITs and IISc conduct the GATE exam on a rotational basis. The coming exam, Gate 2019 will be conducted by the IIT Madras.
In 2019 the Gate exam will be organized for 24 subjects. A good score in GATE offers the opportunity to the students to choose the best college for their further education. The score of Gate is considered by the premier government and private engineering institutes at the time of admission. The aspirants, who are looking forward to taking admission in master or doctoral course in engineering can appear in the upcoming exam of GATE 2019.
Details of GATE 2019 Exam
Here are all details related to the GATE 2019.
Important Dates of GATE 2019
- The online application form submission has been started from the 1 September 2018.
- The last date to submit the online application form was 21 September 2018 but aspirants still can fill the application form with the late fee.
- The last day to fill the online application form with late fee is 1 October 2018.
- GATE 2019 mock test will be available in the third week on November on the official portal of GATE.
- The admit card for the GATE 2019 exam will be available on the official website of GATE on 4 January 2019.
- The GATE 2019 exam will be conducted on 2, 3, 9 and 10 February 2019.
- The result of the GATE 2019 will be declared on 16 March 2019.
- The answer key will be released within 15 days of the exam.
Application Fee of GATE 2019
- The application fee for the male candidates is Rs. 1500/-.
- The application fee for the SC/ST, PWD, and women candidates is Rs. 750/-.
- Exam fee during the extended period for male candidates is Rs. 2000/- and for SC/ST, PWD and women candidates is Rs. 1250/-.
Eligibility Criteria for GATE 2019
No age limit is decided to appear in GATE 2019 exam.
To appear in the GATE 2019 exam either the candidates have completed or are in the final year of Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Technology (B.E./B.Tech) or Post-Graduate (M.Sc) degree.
Not only Indian students but candidates from the other countries like Singapore, Ethiopia, United Arab Emirates, Bangladesh, Shri Lanka, and Nepal can also appear in GATE exam.
Exam Pattern for GATE 2019
GATE 2019 will be conducted for 24 subjects. Candidate needs to appear in any one of them according to his/her subjects. The duration of the GATE exam will be 3 hours. The question paper will consist of both types of question the MCQs and numerical answer type questions. Every question paper will also carry a part of General Aptitude questions. Total marks of the question paper will be 100.
Here are the important links related to GATE 2019.
- To reach to the official website (GOAPS) of GATE 2019 Click here.
- To fill the online application form as a new user Click here.
- To read the detailed eligibility criteria Click here.
The Bottom Line
Here we have summed up all the details related to GATE 2019 along with important links. If you have any doubt about GATE 2019, please write to us in the comment box below.